War season

Most of the alliance members will just continue to press on “for the team”. Yet, when it comes to a breaking point… individual member will leave quietly not because he doesnt like the alliance just because he doesnt want to fail his alliance.

1 Like

Actually I just talk to my alliance and we are going to take a break. We’ll skip the next war and possibly the first one of the next season.

I wish the devs would hear us out, but there’s probably no way they’d change it. This game is starting to get like Game of War/Lords Mobile all those games just constant events back to back super greedy trying to get our money. I quit both of those games when they got bad like that this one will probably be another if it doesn’t change.

I think alliance commanders, XOs, and War Coordinators simply HAVE TO GET BETTER REWARDS. Seriously, they put in ALOT of effort.

They should easily get double of what we get, if not more.

On a larger note, the devs may wish to consider creating a formal post of War Coordinator. Rank should be below XO and CO, overall 3rd in command.

It is time to reward those in leadership positions in the alliances because good leaders are few and far between and the ones that are there are finding it tough to go on.

7 Likes

My alliance has talked the same next season go in and dgaf they know the devs won’t do anything about it players spending more gold in aw. And buying more gold.

Good idea Sing.

The amount of time and effort leaders put into war is hours and hours each war.
It’s no 5 minute stunt every time they check in on AW.
Alot of strategizing and comms is carried out by Commander, XO and war co-ordinators.

A break is still needed though.
War is still a burnout session.

As one of the leaders in my alliance, I totally back this suggestion. :joy::joy:

My alliance hasn’t been putting much effort into wars lately but leaders here still get messaged constantly by other alliances looking to make war pacts. Strategizing amongst your own is time-consuming enough, but add another alliance or two on top of that…especially with these back to back wars, and it gets to be too much.

At the very least, there should be alliance war progress rewards like alliance victory blitz, bounty, and the other alliance events. That would help to keep players motivated to keep pushing across all alliances.

I’ll pass the feedback along, as usual. Thanks guys.

As a non leader, I also agree with this sentiment. The Commander and XO puts a ton more work into AW, so I have no problem with them seeing a higher reward.

I agree they should be rewarded for their efforts but teams would make everyone an officer and the whole team gets rewarded

There can only be one commander and one XO per alliance.

But back to the topic. So about that break between wars… Lol

Isn’t that the point of being XO or Commander tho lol, y’all don’t have to have those roles if you don’t wanna deal with all the extra stuff to make your alliance do well.

Every successful alliance in AW owes their success to their war council. It is alot of work!

Externally we have negotiations and coordination with other alliances, internally we have offensive and defensive coordination.

Throw strategy, planning, weighing options and debating them with the core planning team, plus reacting to attacks/reminding players to use BPs/deploy defences… it all adds up in time, effort and alot of communication, texting, messaging.

Also, war runs round the clock and is especially active at reset. To have a well oiled team you need people from different timezones too.

These guys who run AW successfully are heroes, and they deserve something extra. Without them, AW would be a chaotic mess - and that is fine if you want it that way, but the downside is that chaotic, disorganised play systems do not usually last very long.

So if we want to keep AW running with people invested into AW, then yeah, the guys who run AW, who put in 10x the time and effort that the regular members do, should get a better outcome for themselves.

Otherwise, the risk of burnout is VERY real. And there are many people who have already burned out due to AW.

By the way, I am not part of the war planning team in my alliance - but I recognise the work they do for the team - huge!

2 Likes

I mean I get what you’re saying but none of that really needs to happen, as you said it could be no leadership but that is what leadership is for, people who are Commanders, XO and Officers take that role knowing there is extra stuff.

To add onto your point however on the going with them getting extra rewards the only fair way to do it would be to add a voting system on who the alliance thinks has put in the most work, that way everyone gets a say on who deserves it.

Let me know if I’m way off base. It feels like devs don’t really care what we say or suggest. All they do is force new heroes and new events down our throats constantly with no regard for what we’re suggesting. I’ve played a lot of games and at least in those ones the devs hear you out fix bugs or improve game. In this game it doesn’t feel that way at all. There’s been times where I’ve had issues in game such as missing rewards from crates and what not. The response I get from them is ‘it’s there’ or something along those lines lol. Customer service = 1 out of 10

4 Likes

I’ll probably be banned now. Lol.

1 Like

We read and take all of your feedback into account. Unfortunately, what players ask for isn’t always possible or feasible, or not possible or feasible immediately.

As I mentioned in VIP chat today, there’s a lot of good feedback in this thread, and I’m presenting it to the members of the team who aren’t active on the forum. If we didn’t care, we wouldn’t be making a game at all! There would be no Community Clash event. We wouldn’t go into VIP chat and field as many questions we can. I wouldn’t be writing this post. We care, but unfortunately, we might not be able to do the exact things you’re demanding to prove it to you.

We do actively fix bugs, and our support staff is trained to investigate and respond to common issues like missing Crate rewards, and to collect info and escalate larger issues. It’s your decision to believe them or not when they say that your prizes are there in your account. Nobody is here to force your thoughts.

Appreciate it. Still hope we’re heard on the breaks between seasons. If not it’s fine too I guess. This is a good game it has been fun don’t wanna see it end up like lords mobile or game of war. Those games got ridiculous with events and the money grab ridiculous had to quit. I’d like to see this game succeed and continue to get better. I can always step away from game though and will probably be my plan. Thanks for responding again.

Your right but I don’t see them changing war. Or adding breaks it adding to much money in there pockets. Alot of players are quitting this season. It matter of time now sadly.