Sandbagging

The issue with this system would then become that teams who unintentionally created an unbalanced team (for example, they maybe wanted to try a new character or synergy, but hadn’t finished upgrading) there would be a huge overcompensation, and they would end up playing a team with 5 of their strongest hero.

That’s what dueling is for. Testing. If you play for real then yer hit. Level them up

Fair point… I get what you mean/

Smh…

Haha he’s one of my guys from my alt alliance :stuck_out_tongue: what’s the problem with his team? I always tell my guys to balance

That happened because you’re using a 4 bar Ronin with a plat 0 Matador

Plat 4 Sapphyr , but besides that, he has more total stars, and total bars…

Not trying to argue, just stating that it seems unfair. It’s not his fault, it’s just the match making… thanks for helping me understand though.

Yeah it’s the differential between your top power hero and lowest power hero in your team that makes the matchmaking system do that. Your Saph (my bad, used to seeing ronin haha) is 17,433 and your Matador is 11441 making a 6k difference whereas my Guy has a near 2k difference max.

Matchmaking is entirely based on the differential between power which is why Muninn always says balance is important, hop that helps!

2 Likes

Am not here to complain but I just got 3 matches just about 10 mins ago and all the matches were had were min max is there any way to do anything about this ? I’ll s there anything I could do to not encounter these players ?

Unfortunately no, not until the matchup system starts to pair players like that up appropriately. Your opponent should have faced about a 60k team

But, your team isn’t well balanced either, you have 70’s and 85’s

I agree the last was not balanced but I did that on purpose to se what kind of match up I would get , but pls do leave any suggestions on how I could deal with this problem am more concerned about the first team is there anything I can do ?

You could keep beating them! Those look like matchups in your favor.

How so ? I really feel like my understanding of the pvp effective lineups is s lacking

You posted three screenshots. You won two.

absolute win

1 Like

Well yes ,am just trying to make sure am making my team balanced in terms of over stats and stars is there anyway to get less sand baggers ? Am I missing on something?

Am just trying to improve my overall pvp experience not to run on min maxers

If you keep your Heroes relatively balanced in terms of power, that’s about all you can do. I’m not going to break down the exact calculations, because that makes it easier to game the system. Sometimes, you might run into a match that you think is unfair, but not every match will be in your favor. That’s just life.

The best possible thing you can do to improve your PvP experience is maintain a winner’s mindset. Too many people see a Ronin who’s a bit stronger than other members of the team and immediately adopt a loser’s mindset. “Game is broken,” “unwinnable matchup,” “greedy devs,” etc. They put on Auto and prep their support ticket complaint before the match is even done, or force quit to get an offline failure result.

Go into each match ready to give your all, and prepared to win. Take off Auto and play the game as best you can. You’ll find the experience a lot more engaging that way.

4 Likes

Thank you I think I have a better understanding now although ronin and cp and the others are not an issue I usually win against sand baggers but with this I know that it’s not my lineup it’s the match making to some extent, my gratitude for taking your time to reply my comments, devs in this community are very focused on helping their players and replying for that I cannot complain

2 Likes