Sandbagging

Ur welcome, ADX. I’ll have many thanks too if u can give my vid like, share & subscribe. So that many players will have more knowledge & not afraid to raise nor upgrade their power bracket into next level :slight_smile:

Feel free to share whatever knowledge you like! Just be aware that your assumptions aren’t entirely accurate.

1 Like

Lol this team would be so op. You would basically end up with every character getting dogfaced

Can somebody explain why did I get such a matchup ?

Sandbagging or min- maxing is not the way I like to win in PVP , so you will see all my heroes of nearly same power and skills . But still I get match up against a Nightingale with her skin (Heal pulse at level 75) which heals the whole team . I knew about it ,so somehow I targeted her won but if he had another healer like Duran it would have been hard for me to win. My keel’s power looks a little less but that has to do with her character, she fully upgraded like all my other heroes in team. Was I penalised by Match Making ? When I want to fight fair why do I get unbalanced fights ? The other day I got a classic min maxer with bucket’s silver fully upgraded at lvl 50 , mandrake gold fully upgraded and other skills at very low level , Duran , Matador with fully upgraded gold and Castellan . Important skills maxed out but other skills untouched . Such teams are almost impossible to win against .That prompted me to write here today. Don’t we need to stop such tactics from spreading in the future ? I really enjoy the game but now I increasingly see some players taking unfair advantage of playing conditions and creating a unbalanced squads . Yes I can always get gud and if not mimick their squads but that not a harmful path we are treading ?
Fair play is important for many of us , maybe some minor changes can be incorporated in the game against such players to prevent such tactics.

You have your 4-cep which is 20k+ power…and rest under 18k just look at your team again and it’ll answer your issue

1 Like

“Almost impossible to win”, but in the end you beat him, don’t you?

If i looked to your pict above, ur enemy is same power each (with yours). Only the difference is “maybe” he doesn’t know that his lvl 76 bronze 6* maxed skills are SAME POWER as ur lvl 55 gold 5* maxed skills.

This is why i build in balance and play in balance. Even the devs say its about balance.

This is why i build in balance. As i have told my account haters…even the devs say balance is paramount

I haven’t experienced balance to make much difference. My team is at 50k power (all 7* plat), as balanced as you can get, and I have 800 power difference. I get matched with teams that have a 6k to 10k power difference. This is not a complaint, I just don’t think that balance is necessarily the solution to not face sandbagged teams.

Only as bqlqnced as you can get if the hero level and the skills levels…all match.

Rebel is the true definition of being balanced, none can match him

1 Like

There will always be a bit of imbalance in squads. As not all heroes have same power even if they are at same level , also we get fragments from crates , someday you might get lucky and get a 5* hero then not all heroes are farmable .So still a difference of 1 star is okay . Similarly getting a opponent with 3 gold heroes and 2 gold +2 bar hero is game for me , as upgrading heroes takes time , stamina and a bit of luck .

However seeing a team with a level 50 Bucket with her silver maxed out and bronze not touched along with Nightingale with her bronze maxed out but silver not upgraded and so on… This upgrading some very useful skills and not others skills don’t happen by chance but is carefully planned by some players. Some might call it as being clever but for me it is a loophole that is being exploited and such players need to be punished or we setting a wrong example for new players and soon all will start doing it and then it won’t be the way this game was supposed to be played. I hope that all players on the forum and developers pay attention to this issue and do something about it .

U still not answer me about “did u beat that lvl 50 bucket team”…?
U said “almost impossible to beat” , but i’d rather take it as “U beat that team” answer. But dunno if im wrong.

If i correct that u beat him, then where’s the problems? Maybe he then got punished, by meeting u in that matchup battle.

But yes ofcourse, even when the system want to give punishment to them (by meeting us with higher power than him), sometimes…we really cant beat them. I admit it. Cuz i’ve few times meet some (i.e: mine 75k+ & his 63k+),yet i still can not beat him.
But thats not hurt me at all. It just like 1:30 chance of meeting them. Rare occasion

I didn’t win against that team buddy . From the start I knew it was a good matchup. I was piloting Panzer , got some hits on Castellan then switched immediately to phoenix to take out his Mandrake but then his Matador got going breaking covers and shielding teammates. Once his Bucket got going I knew it is difficult to win now and then Castellan turrets they started and it was game over .
When I saw the report after the match I was infuriated to see his level heroes higher than mine and also overall 2k power difference in his favour.
Most of the times I can win against uneven matchups , but these clever manipulations of skills doesn’t look fair game to me and are tough to beat. I agree the occurrence of such teams is rare but if we don’t bring up this tactic , soon you will see lot of players with such setups and then it will ruin PVP for many players .

@Muninn The solution to this exploitation is simple, forget team power, match teams based on the power of the top hero. Problem solved, you’re welcome.

One other solution would be not allow a differential levelling up of skills. If the bronze of a hero is at level 50 but silver is at level 10 , he simply should not be allowed to unlock Gold skill unless he upgrades his Skill to atleast 45 level . The gap of 5 can be allowed between Bronze , Silver , Gold and Platinum.
@Muninn @Skathi @ all other developers ,We all know that you are already working hard for 3.0 Update of Game. But we still owe an better explanation to avoid facing the team with differential heroes and differential levelling of skill tactic used in the game by some player .

I will reiterate that, as always, anything that seems simple, isn’t.

Please note that, as we’ve said before, even simple solutions are way more complex than they seem.

I would like to remind everyone that if something is easy, obvious, or simple, it’s not. There’s a reason for everything being the way it is!

I will say again, though, that if something seems easy or simple or a no-brainer, it’s definitely not.

If it seems easy, simple, and/or obvious, there’s a reason why it hasn’t been done yet.

Okay. I can understand.

U guys were great by capping color upgrades by lvl number, at least. Like, we cant do make to plat hero if he/she still on lvl 50 & must be lvl 60 first to change gold+4 into plat color.

We will see what happen next in near huge upgrade. :+1:t3:

I am sure it is not that simple, but don’t you think matchups based on the top hero’s power will solve this issue? If so, wouldn’t it be worth looking into?

Like I said, if it seems simple, it’s not, and there’s a reason we haven’t done yet. It’s best to assume we’ve considered whatever suggestions you may come up with and have explored them. That’s not to poo-poo anyone here who fancies themselves an amateur designer, but think about it this way: when you go to a doctor, you tell them where it hurts. You don’t tell them the treatment plan, what meds to prescribe, and book yourself for surgery. You trust them to explore all angles and do their job.

2 Likes