January 2020 Update Notes

Updates for ios need more time with the protocols that Apple use to make sure the updates are safe and pass their requirements, I believe

2 Likes

How long do you think the wait is?

Traditionally, Apple will approve the update a day or two behind Android devices. As @Yosai said, Apple has a higher standard of quality/security which it needs to check beforehand, thus the longer rollout for IOS.

Since there are no current events which requires the new update right off the bat, IOS users will not miss any events or bonuses.

2 Likes

I think Mandrake is going to fall into the useless category of heroes after these nerfs. He gets a nerf about every fourth update and these two more will probably end his run. I think one or the other would have been sufficient.

As for the Panzer nerfā€¦ wtf? I almost never see anyone use her anymore and the devs decided to nerf her yet again? If anything 4-Cep should have got nerfed. He is better than Lanzer in pretty much every way except AOE damage. He has way more damage, health, armor, heal block and utilities though.

2 Likes

Something extreme is comingā€¦ Carabina a special forces UAF member has a (ex?)KLG skin. The new skins for KLG Vanuguard, Operator and KLG Black Ops Sentry are all called UAF. Looks like some members are planning on a coup against their ruthless leader possibly recruiting additional members for a new faction.

Carabina seems to be playing a greater role than just being another hero in a faction.

3 Likes

Iā€™m thinking a new district as the skins seem to be story based. A new district would be too hard at this current level so a new district with a new level cap or promotion would make sense.

2 Likes

Orā€¦A new tier higher than plat+5 :open_mouth:

1 Like

The hard mode hero changes where not fully updated, Mauler did not replaced Castellan and Maven did not replaced Hardscope. I was looking forward for this replacements for they would be a good source of heronium.

Okay, at least Iā€™m not missing muchā€¦ hope it comes soon.

THE EXTREME IS RUBY UPGRADE which means new skill for all heroes.

1 Like

This update is going to be amazing and those adjustments also seems good. Those new crates are awesome canā€™t wait for the update

Oh yes. I want Striker.

She better not be part of the Gilded Crate pool because sheā€™s gonna be yet another Hero Iā€™m never gonna get.

1 Like

Get ready here is a spoiler shes in the gilded crate lmao

I am liking how the new content is sounding!
I just updated and came to read the detailsā€¦

• Characters adjustments appear to be a good choice. All Heros should be able to match up and be effective using many combinationsā€¦
  • I hope to see more adjustments to incorporate all characters, itā€™s time to take them of the shelfs and put them in the gameā€‹:+1: (Hero Equality):hugs:
  • Skins: Look great! (Some Decrease overall Power) Like the skins in the update well done!
  • New Characters: Will see how well they acclimate with their factions!! Nicely Done not testedā€¦ :raised_hands:
  • Bounty may be revivedā€¦ I have lost interest in bounty as I believe there could be a variety of advancements Incorporated into this event.
  • Player specific data: ability to review individual damage and points (defeated)ā€¦ Something put in place to emphasis Alliance points per member instead of overall damage dealt. I do not have any specific suggestions on how to make this happen. Would be nice to see alliances recruiting by amount of points (coins) rather power inflictedā€¦ To be continued :innocent:
  • Fragment changes within the respected areas has been a nice adjustment overall!
    I feel switching availability of fragments has been beneficial!

Change is constant, @Bootboy1488 has time to learn
Updates appear each month of the year
Burning through stamina collect fragments and gear
Awaiting next update till they disappear
crossing fingers, making a wish some hero appears but not on your list
remember the joy and power you gained
as the fragments you needed were there in the game
reflecting past lessons gains and new wisdom now we stay tuned for this next big addition

3 Likes

Buffs and Nerfs are driven by a lot of data. We can see that Panzer has a pick rate of about 80% in most pvp matches with a win rate a lot higher than that. Seeing that pick/win delta more in line with others, and having the low performers picked more often is the goal.

10 Likes

@LordNikon Thank you. This is the best response Iā€™ve seen yet with regards to the decision making process on nerfing/buffing. The transparency is greatly appreciated.

5 Likes

Excited, and canā€™t wait for the new update, particularly to use Oro.

1 Like

Yes mines is like that. Disappointing.

Thatā€™s interesting. Was that over the past several months, or just the last month or two? I ask because Panzerā€™s frags were just recently added to hard mode so I am sure that had an impact with all the newer people finally gaining access to her.

Also, I am guessing this is across all brackets? I ask again because I never see her used at the highest bracket and never see anyone complain about her anymore on the forums In fact I see people saying she was nerfed too hard, and that was before this most recent nerf. I take screenshots of my matches after i go on a PVP spurt and usually have 10-20 screens after. I will see her used maybe 1-2 out of 20 matches.

I use to user her a lot, even after the first several rounds of nerfs, but she has seriously fallen out of favor at the top brackets. I see Kurtz, Shiv (less after her nerf last month), and especially 4-Cept MUCH more than Panzer. Do newer heroes not get looked at in the same way because the ā€œnewnessā€ is skewing their numbers?

Like I said before, 4-Cep is better in pretty much every way. Maxed out he has:

• 220k more health (984,314 vs 764,759)
  • 200 more armor (4,477 vs 4,256)
  • 3150 more elemental armor (5,385 elemental vs 2,2537 elemental)
  • 10,600 more damage (32,630 vs 22,078_
  • 600 more elemental damage (29,951 vs 29,298 + 9,480 from Assault Breecher for 20 seconds)
  • 4% more crit (6% vs 2%)
  • 1-2% more crit damage
  • 11k more DPS (62,587 vs 51,376)

I will say Breach and Clear is probably better than Thermal Lance, especially vs energy targets, but 4-Cep keeps his high damage an entire match, not the first 20 seconds. He also has a heal block vs Panzerā€™s relatively useless Clean Sweep in PVP, and he takes 25% less damage from all body shots.

He is also MUCH better vs mid and rear line targets than Panzer due to her shotgun spread. She is great vs a few frontline heroes like Butters and Hivemind, but they arenā€™t much of a threat, nor high priority targets so itā€™s pretty mute. 4-Cep can kill most energy heroes in a single round of ammo, regardless of position, while Panzer canā€™t even come close. Even when using Assault Breacher and Breach and Clear the first 20 seconds of a match, sheā€™s not going to kill most equally leveled heroes, unless itā€™s a frontline hero.

1 Like

Trust that we have more data than any given player, because we have data from all players. We use that to inform (not govern) any Hero adjustments. Everything is in context. Weā€™re not in a position to explain every decision we make, but know that there are good reasons for all of them, because having access to all the data and having the experience we do means we can see more angles.

7 Likes