Ifrit Nerf

Not going to respond since you don’t respond either besides saying the same panzer dogface stuff over and over

Ifrit his gold skill keeps working even when is back to health, this seems kinda weird, since this way you can’t even possibly kill flatline before they endlessly revive each other.

2 Likes

You are playing the wrong game then. Only being able to play 1 of the 5 heroes on your team while the other 4 make stupid choices, having a bunch of skills with random chances (something hitting 50% of the time on an important skill should NOT be in a competitive game) , really bad lag, and team match ups being so lopsided (a bunch of mechanical with bonus damage dealt and reduced damage taken vs a bunch of energy) makes for very limited competition. Having flavor of the month characters that are so powerful compared to the rest doesn’t help matters either, never mind the fact people who pay get more resets and hearts.

In regards to buffing all the other characters rather than nerfing the 8-12 that are currently used. I agree that would be nice. BUT, if HH nerfs the 10 then the other 50 suddenly become much better because you don’t have the 10 running amok. It would be much easier for HH to go through and nerf or adjust 10 heroes than it would be for them to try and buff the 50 not used.

1 Like

Youre supposed to kill Flatline first, then you’ve got 15 seconds to kill Ifrit if you want 0 rezzing.

Since running energy DPS is suicide though, I just kill Flatline twice - the game even shows you where she will rez - its super easy to just reload, maybe help DPS another vulnerable hero to keep their heals off-cooldown, and keep enough damage ready to just mow down Flatline the instant she returns.

If you’re running Nightingale like most people, its absurdly easy to just switch to her, use mark target on Flatline the moment she comes back, and then laugh as your entire team pulls off a magic trick to make Flatline instantly disappear.

In response to your Odachi comment, I hate to break it to you dude but if your Odachi died because of Showtime, he would’ve died anyway. You think he died because of the slow and debuff but its common for backline support to have a powerful debuff. Flatline could’ve just tasered you for 8 seconds, Keel can do an undodgeable AOE root for 6 seconds, Nightingale will mark you and give the entire team a huge damage boost. Showtime is a good skill when it works but the whole point is that most of the time it’s not a big deal - if Mandrake wasn’t so strong right now it would be a below-average debuff compared to Mark Target or Hook Shot which can easily secure kills without any extra work.

Part of what’s frustrating about this thread is I thought we established something right away, that only Ifrit’s plat (and his status as a BIO support) makes him GOOD. If Ifrit got one of the crappy support plats like Keel he would be flat out trash - you could work really hard to bring him into a team and make it kind of work, but you’d always know that you’d be better off with someone else. So I focused my first replies explaining why his plat isn’t OP anymore but people keep coming back to SHOWTIME.

Showtime is annoying, but not OP, it will probably get nerfed for being annoying but it doesn’t change the fact that we’ve been playing PANZER HUNTERS for almost 2 months now and it’s utterly destroying the ability of people to field diverse teams that can provide a more robust response to stuff like Ifrit. The entire metagame would be 5x healthier if stuff like Mandrake and Panzer weren’t clearly 1-tier above everyone else, and its both of those heroes that make Ifrit far more important than his loadout would otherwise justify.

1 Like

INB4 “Remember to keep it classy folks”

(really though, I laughed at your post)

2 Likes

Jup, done with repeating the same over and over, I’ve spoken my opinion, a lot of people agree, you keep on stating the same thing, your Nightingale comment is just absurd, since you’ve said multiple times energy hero’s die in a second, but now Nightingale is a goddess…

Btw I don’t use Mandrake, or panzer so your complete argument is invalid towards me.

To just give you one response about this

When the whole team misses every bullet for 10 seconds, this means no damage dealt, no skills being charged because of the missing, besides the slow rolling to broken barricades.

Please stop trolling this topic and using a min max team and keep your “opinion” to yourself, you’re breaking the system, so stop saying things about ifrit if you don’t play at a normal lvl against people that actually can fight back…

We are watching this discussion, please keep it classy folks.

All opinions are as valid as everyone else’s. We will verify if there is any truth in everyone’s opinions. As stated before, while we do consider player feedback when making balancing decisions it is NOT the only tool we use.

We want the forums to be a place for everyone to share, regardless of Game experience or otherwise. You don’t have to agree with each other, but please do not attack players for having a different vision of the game than yourselves.

4 Likes

I have a 6* plat Ifrit and I’ve been testing him lately, and I also believe he could use some tweak to his showtime, since it makes reaaaally hard to play against it. A massive slow paired with disorient leaves almost no way to defend yourself.

But Ifrit only redeeming quality at the moment is his silver, in my opinion. So nerfing it without increasing his utility (like increasing the Showtime buff, which is kinda laughable) in some other way could make him another useless hero.

My biggest concern is that when a hero is a pain to deal with, we get these massive post with 50-100 replies. But when a hero is totally useless like Castellan, we just get someone who has to revive the post every two weeks because nobody voices their opinion.

Its kinda sad that with 60 heroes we keep seeing the same heroes over and over again.

TL;DR: while I agree that his silver could use some tweaking, I find way more important the amount of heroes that are forgotten and barely useful.

2 Likes

I just yesterday learned what TL;DR means and it completely changed my LIFE.

TL;DR: TL;DR is the shit.

1 Like

Agreed, there’s a big group of hero’s that need a buff, maybe a new forum place to discus hero’s, besides the PvP pit, feedback etc?

I’d like to share some ideas about hero’s that need a buff.

@Omnipotent

Mandrake really isn’t that bad after all the nerfs. The invis can still be slightly annoying, but he doesn’t have anything else in his arsenal. His platinum skill is an absolute joke and has next to no impact on matches. His bronze and silver skills are also low on damage and his bronze only stuns half the time.

I agree that Panzer still needs work though.

Because no one is losing matches, or playing 3 minute long matches that end in a tie because of Castellan. It sucks him and other heroes are not used more, but they also aren’t ruining the meta.

2 Likes

His rez is still fubar’d. I just fought a snoozefest in the blitz and won with 3/3 alive. Match timed out with the other guy showinng 2/3 alive and a closeup on a dead Moss laying facedown on the Terminal balcony. Next screen: TIE.

2 Likes

Ifrit has:

1. Heal, potential team heal
  2. Team health and damage boost
  3. Slow debuff / disorients / Marks invisible enemies
  4. Minor Team/self health boost when someone dies
  5. Revive with easy requirements (considering the heal-revive meta he cemented with the update)

Ok. Now how does he fit in the “role warfare” when you get a healer, buffer, debuffer, reviver. . . in one? In a few months we’ll probably get five, 3in1 characters. He needs a lot more imaginative rebalancing if we want “role warfare” become a reality without neglecting majority of the current roster.

3 Likes

@tamonizer
I’m fine with him having all that if they think it’s warranted. The trade-off should be that he has sub-zero elemental armor and real armor that’s just south of Charmin Ultra-soft… say like Clyde.

1 Like

True. I agree that if his kit remains as varied as is, he should be a breakable glass. If you look at his functional design, you can actually divide him into AT LEAST two:

A. A bio support with an active heal and passive revive that can be met easily (for example, flatline is not designed to kill anyone so she will definitely resu).

B. A debuffer who can provide disorientation and an effective TEAM slow plus an anti-Mandrake meta.

C. Sadly, he also has good enough tankiness with those “ROLES” and a respectable amount of clip size and damage. Don’t forget his health and attack boosts.

Seriously, the devs have been using the “Role Warfare” like it’s the be-all and end-all roadmap that we’ll finally and deservedly get. But as long as they’re providing 3 in 1 characters, role warfare will never happen.

2 Likes

Increasing the cooldown would be the best nerf. Let the skill be as it is, but give us som time to breath. Every 10 seconds is insane. If its every 20 seconds, it is still something to worrie about, but not gamebreaking.

1 Like

His gold needs a tweek to, giving his max health to all hero’s that remains when he’s back to live isn’t ok to.

I was 5 vs 2 and somehow it ended in 0 vs 5

His buff is nonexistent. It’s easily one of the weakest in the game and for the buff alone its not even worth casting when you could just be shooting and building up heal charge.

His healing per second without his plat is easily the worst in the game for any primary healer.

His gold is a joke, just adds an extra 20 seconds to your win as you clean up whoever is left alive.

His damage is pathetic, hes a backline but has dual SMGs with lots of bloom, you do the math.

His plat simply imposes a kill order just like most other support skills. His kill order can be more complicated than most but it still isn’t hard to figure out, for me it usually just means killing another support and then either killing a main dps while their healing is limited or just focusing in survival, killing the support ASAP once they revive, and then cleaning them up. It’s his best skill but it’s also a 3k+ power dump. My ifrit has close to 9k power but his regular healing is far lower than a 5k nightingale or keel. When you start having that much power for weak dps and healing, its not uncommon to see teams Ifrit teams just collapse because your team brought 9k of raw DPS or Healing while their team brought 9k of… Ifrit. A team that can use their supports to prevent death at all will always beat an Ifrit team that can bring back a dead hero once after a 15s power play (5v4 but honestly with ifrits damage it’s more like 5v3).

1 Like

I can’t take you serious when you only use this team and say he’s ok…

69a245c0da499a390a4c6b2587cdae841cbc1776_1_690x335

Well, to be honest, he raises some valid points, like the buff being something laughable (the debuff is brutal, though)

1 Like

Jup, but he doesn’t play at a normal power rank, he’s minmaxing every match, so his opinion is biased

This is like saying this is ok since it’s just a 5* plat hero, everyone is doing it…