Extreme Greed - Brogan Crate Ripoff

Eager to pull Brogan from the Bounty Crate landing in 40something minutes.

Jokes on you! They released a bounty crate with ZERO bonus on one of the bounty heroes :joy: Unbelievable.

Min, Gammod, Clyde, Galante and Salvatore got higher chance.
Gotta look for Brogan somewhere else.

I honestly was thinking about Brogan and Francoise too. I don’t have Brogan and may not for a while, but appreciate how Francoise might see some play in an effective way. I still think her silver is pretty terrible (and the AI doesn’t manage it well) and the bronze is what we are after for the benefit in this team up, but still an exciting possibility.

@Rygel the entire point was that 99.999% of the playerbase is not going to spend over $1,000 to get Brogan from fragments. So the only alternative is to just buy what Brogan crates you can afford and pray for the 1% drop, but that method - while obtainable for the average players - means only 1 Brogan drops for every ~$4,900 worth of gold (likely even worse since the first tier only offers a .2% chance, meaning people buying just the first tier would have to spend over $10,000 worth of gold per Brogan drop).

And the reason I went off on you was because you responded to someone who directly asked how you got that much gold WITHOUT BUYING IT and you responded that you had stockpiled for a month or two when the correct answer was “You realistically can’t, I bought a lot of gold”.

So yes, the unvarnished truth is this: If you aren’t willing to drop $1,000 worth of gold on Brogan crates, the Brogan crate offers lower odds on you getting Brogan than a standard hero crate will in a couple weeks. Now, even bounty crates, which are still a bad deal, offer a better way to get Brogan (200,000 gold per Brogan, compared to the 267,000 gold per Brogan from the Brogan crate).

Oh look, Brogan is a featured hero too. You can make those arguments about Artemis and Prophet being hard to get since they aren’t new OR in a featured faction yet - so its not a big deal if you don’t have them yet.

Just plain greed and its sad that people are even trying to justify it. Good luck to those alliances who didn’t pay out for Brogan, gonna be sad when your bounty list is clogged up with Brogan-Required bounties!

It’s a new hero so of course they needed to earn.

Just be thankful it’s not a direct spend $199 for a direct Brogan unlock. The side stuff you unlock as mentioned is actually much appreciated. And if you have stockpiled gold, it’s essentially free.

PS. So Brogan is a 100% unlock by tier 8?

He’s not even close to 100% unlock at tier 8. You need to do every tier multiple times to even have a chance.

Yeah that’s how I understood it. I was taken aback when Rygel said you can unlock him at tier 8. Maybe he meant multiple tier 8.

I don’t think I said he was unlocked at tier 8, there’s a chance to unlock at tier 8… but the guarantee is from the fact that at every tier except 1, 4 and 8 you’re getting Brogan Frags, so unlike Prophet and Artemis, you’re making progress with every crate pull.

Does it really matter how much I spend on this game? The point of this thread was that the Developers are supposedly are super greedy with this Brogan crate… when up until now, the cost to theoretically acquire a 7* hero was completely fine with even @Sogui (because he hasn’t complained or mentioned that what came before was terrible or a sign of greed)…

Then the Devs come out with a crate that is effectively 1/2 the cost that any other 7* hero is (not including all the extra stuff you’re getting from this crate that’s got the one of the greatest Gold -> stuff you get ratios of any crate that’s come before it)… and NOW @Sogui finds the Devs to be super greedy and the crate is a big rip off? that is why I mentioned something in this thread…

It just comes off as an entitled person wanting even more discount on something that they feel wasn’t discounted enough… despite it being near the biggest discount that’s been offered in recent memory (if ever).

4 Likes