Extreme Greed - Brogan Crate Ripoff

I think sooner or later they’ll present a special offer where we can buy a guaranteed Brogan (just like the Prophet offer we saw recently). This crate was a way to introduce Brogan - not hand him out to everyone who wanted him. Now he’s in the game. If we keep playing we will sooner or later unlock him.

and I always state how much Lady Luck and RNG do not work in my favor…you can get 10-100 Brogan frags from certain crates…I got as low as 15, and never more than 25…yeah, RNG is great! /sarcasm :wink:

At least the honest numbers were there for you to analyse before opening the crates.
I play another game where the chests have no information what so ever. And THAT’S where we can start talking about rip-off.

2 Likes

Agreed…got into a discussion with someone recently who had no understanding of RNG, and that it resets EVERY crate. That’s right, each time you open a crate the percent is the same. It doesn’t go up with more crates you open. So for example on the Hero crate for 2700, each crate has the same %'s, the 10th crate doesn’t get an inflated % for a hero. Hence why it’s easy to see duplicates on heroes even in the same opening…can’t tell you how many times I saw Scum in my Brogan crates, even numerous times in the same pull. Heck, I got Chesterfield and a dupe Chesterfield in the same pull. So Chesterfield immediately went to 6* and still lvl 1 green lol

1 Like

Should work on chesterfield i won more than one pvp with him lol

Every new hero to my collection a win, and agree sooner or later the special offer or luckie enough to get in a crate fingers crossed. Maybe next time Name crate little differently

Also good to note that prophet and artemis both show up in the heronium store. You can get 60 frags at a time from that. 60 frags is a decent chunk and with a few of those in the store, Im already halfway to unlocking prophet. Again, this is a free in game way to unlock the most difficult to pull guys in a long term free way. HH doesnt have to do that, but they do. I also have no doubt that a month or so from now, I will start seeing brogan frags in the heronium store too. Totally reasonable and fair to me.

3 Likes

Yep working on my 10 star heros now, just under 500 with mavin and not to far behind that with others

If you are looking for good frag value then these would be the best crates to open… First 4 Crates at half the price

However, if you are looking for specific premium heroes like Brogan, then you are right, this crate is not for you . . If you noticed, the other popular heroes like Ifrit, Caine and Flatline are not inside these, unlike the regular hero crate.

1 Like

If you really want the frags to unlock or upgrade these heroes most likely we are going to have a magistrates crate right before bounties this should have a bunch of frags for a cheaper price. I opened the first two tiers also it is a better discount than the 2700 gold one. I got Phoenix, Oracle, Fisher, FranCoise, and Yanlong for the heroes I didn’t Have so I think it was worth it I also got other frags and some for my 5 stars as well it just means less farming for me.

The brogan crate actually a great deal for players who have a lot of missing 3 - 5 star heroes. It’s just a bad deal for brogan. I opened 2 tiers and I’m happy. All I’m missing now are prophet 330, arty 250, and brogan 20.

The only heroes I am missing now are Hivemind and Halloway which I really want I heard they are good. Galante, Odachi, Heckler which I really want, Brogan, Arty, Prophet. Any thoughts on how to get Heckler and Hive and Halloway? I am trying to farm Hivemind from the alliance store.

I see those heroes often in the alliance and heronium stores. save 3.6k alliance gems and 6k heronium so you can grab their frags when they appear.

It’s just a cheap x10 crate, jeez

The devs give us a good deal and we whine…

2 Likes

As someone who already has every single hero, the Brogan Crate wasn’t the BEST of deals… but looking at the numbers… it’s a 10x hero crate pull but WAY better

• Tier 1 This is basically a 10x Hero crate pull for 1//2 price… so great deal
  • Tier 2 Is Basically a 10x Hero Crate pull for 1/2 price + 600 Stamina, 500k bucks and 10-100 Brogan Frags for another 270 gold on top … so another great deal
  • Tier 3 10x Hero Crate pull for same price (1 gold cheaper) but ON TOP of that you get 10-100 Brogan Frags, and 1200 stamina and 1mil bucks (which is pretty good gold efficiency, doubly so if you consider you get Tier 4 next)
  • Tier 4 a FREE 10x Hero Crate pull… (that’s 2700 gold saved right there) but it’s actually got Brogan as a potential drop (so added value for this exclusivity)
  • Tier 5-7 is a 10x Hero Crate pull for same price (1 gold cheaper), and no cost additions of 10-100 Brogan frags, and 60 Elemental Frags (20 of each) on top.
  • Tier 8 is another FREE 10x hero crate pull (but with Brogan in it)

It might not seem like the “most cost efficient” way to get Brogan, because you get so much other stuff… but I know I had a much better time getting my Brogan than I did Artemis (who I got super lucky and got within 3 months of trying) and ESPECIALLY my Prophet… where it took me like 8+ months of trying through 10x hero crate pulls… both Artemis and Prophet cost me at least 10x the Gold and well over 100x the TIME to actually unlock than it did Brogan… because with the Brogan Crate… you are inevitably gonna unlock him (because you’re getting frags on almost every pull).

I am super happy to have gotten my Brogan on Day 1 of having him available (and I know a few other people in my alliance and in others who’ve gotten him as well… when Prophet or Artemis became available… almost nobody saw them for weeks if not months) 7* heroes are supposed to be rare and difficult to unlock, they’re late game heroes that not everyone should actually get super easily… if Brogan was barely easier to get than Min or Wesson or any of the other recently released heroes… he’d not feel as special or awesome as he does. in my 616 days of playing, and hundreds of hero Crate pulls I’ve done… I’ve only seen a Prophet drop for me 2 MAYBE 3 times… Artemis I have had better luck and I’ve seen her drop MAYBE 4 times.

2 Likes

How does everyone have so much gold without buying it? 10K gold is crazy

I spent the last month or two stockpiling my gold, ever since even hints of the new 7 :star: started surfacing, because I was expecting needing to spend 100k+ gold like I did for Prophet or 50k+ like I did for Artemis.

I said it took 100x the TIME to unlock prophet (8+ months, vs 1 day), and anyway you slice it… Brogan is easier to get than Prophet or Artemis, and the Brogan Crate is hands down a better deal than the Hero crate 10x pull… the only things the Devs might have been able to do better, was the NAME of the crate. (but even then I can understand why they named it that, as 6 of the 8 tiers drops Brogan frags, and it’s the first crate with Brogan in it). An Alliance mate said that they managed to get their Brogan by the 6th pull (aka the first time they did the tier 6 crate).

I never claimed I didn’t buy gold, like you said… I stockpiled my gold, and used efficient gold generating deals and events.

I’m just confused as to why this is generating so much hate, since you get so much extra stuff with the crate… Yes Brogan takes a lot of crate opens… but you’re just ignoring all the extra value you’re getting from opening those crates… and the fact that the other 7* heroes actually don’t have a guaranteed “eventually you’ll get him” mechanic… trust me… I’ve spent well over 100k gold in my first year playing, to try and get a Prophet… at one point I swore he was a myth.

if you’re buying a crate for one specific hero… and ignoring all the value you’re getting from that crate that is NOT that one specific hero… then that’s just silly… That’s like yelling at a brewery for selling you a 4 flavour Sampler pack of 12 beers… for a price that’s less than a 12 pack would… but saying they’re greedy jerks, because you’re only getting 4 of the flavour you want, for way more than 4 beers are worth…

You need to remember that this is also only the first source of Brogan frags/Brogan himself… the Devs have ALWAYS released an option to get a hero sooner that wasn’t the final place you can get said hero… this crate looks like it’s designed for people who want awesome deals on a Hero Crate 10x pulls… and people who want to spend extra to get Brogan sooner (early access so to speak).

9 Likes

Why do you want to unlock him with frags if you can just pull him out of the crates? You should read the crate description before accusing other people of telling bulllshit.
Sure it is still expensive to get him, but he is a 7* hero.

If you don’t only go for Brogan it is the best offer there was as far as I remember. You get 4 10x pulls for the price of 2, plus 1800 energy and 1.5 million bucks, if you buy the first three crates, since the fourth is for free.

As often as I disagree with Rygel, I fully agree with him this time.

1 Like

lol, when I was reading this I didn’t look at who wrote it, and when I read this I was like “wait what?” looked up at the name and then was “oh yea… lol” :smiley:

@Sogui also even IF you’re just looking at unlocking Brogan through frags (and not caring about anything else you get from the crate… which would be kinda silly but shrug)… and you average about 25 frags per crate (the average is slightly higher, but let’s just keep it simple and say 25 avg)… to unlock him, you need 585 (I think… going off the number Sogui mentioned) thus that means you need to get “23.4 x 25 frags” (rounding it up to 24 for simplicity).

• That means: 1x 1619 gold (Tier 2) and 23 x 2699 gold (for a total of 63,696 gold as @Sogui said)

Now that is a lot of gold on average yes… but you also need to realize that in that time, you’ve gotten 25 (tier 1 included in this) paid 10x pulls that had the opportunity to drop a full Brogan… small chance, but still lowers that average “time to Brogan” down some more. AND what you’re completely glossing over, is that you also have had 8 FREE 10x pulls that also have a chance for a full Brogan drop… also further dropping the average of needed crate purchases to unlock Brogan.

now going by @Sogui’s math… let’s look at Prophet/Artemis investment… 1.9% (10 x 0.19 = 1.9) chance to get a specific one of these Heroes (Let’s say Prophet). if your luck is “perfectly average” your should be getting your Prophet on your 53rd 10-pull (100% / 1.9% = 52.63 … round up to 53)

So in conclussion: it takes over TWICE as many 10x pulls on average to get a Prophet/Artemis from the Hero crate 10x pull, than you would need to get a Brogan out of the Brogan Crate. aka: 53 Hero vs 24 Brogan (and the Brogan is actually “guaranteed to be unlocked eventually” because of the frag drops… while Prophet/Artemis have no such guaranty attached to them.

On top of all of this… for the price of 65,045 (tier 1 + tier 2 + 24x tier 3+) you’ve gotten 89,100 gold worth of 10x pulls PLUS:

• 585-ish Brogan Frags
  • 1800 Stamina
  • 1,500,000 Bucks
  • 440 Energy Frags
  • 440 Bio Chem Frags
  • 440 Mechanical Frags.

So you’ve spent less than half the gold you would have otherwise to actually unlock a new 7* (Brogan) but getting MUCH more than that gold’s value in useful “stuff” (even if we don’t count the 330 heroes you’ve pulled out of those crates) …

and if you’re super lucky and get the full Brogan drop… you’ll have Brogan Frags and Mech frags to actually star him up a bit, AND you’ve probably got all the stamina you need to get Brogan up to Platinum too… so he’d be viable in late game Bounties, Co-Op and PvP within the first hour of owning him (if you have the quick win tickets to spend all that delicious stamina).

Even on an account like mine, where the 330 heroes that were pulled out of the crate aren’t the most useful (tho still REALLY nice to stock up on the Heronium, saves a lot of grinding for me)… that’s far from a rip-off for getting a specific 7* when it’s costs 1/2 as much as before and I get a bunch of extra free stuff too.

But all in all, this is a game… and you should find value where you want to find value… I love my new Brogan, the possibilities he offers and I’m already trying to theorycraft good team comps for him (one crazy possibility… Brogan + Francoise + Caine… oh my :open_mouth: ).