Thoughts on Gauntlet Update

New Gauntlet it’s definitely harder, it’s challenging

1 Like

Sectors 3-5 took a lot of hero’s. They were tough. But I purposely ran as low power a team I could to win. Saved all my top hero’s for 6-7. Damn are they hard, but made it through all of sector 6 and 7 with no one dying. I love the new gauntlet!!! Well done Devs.

5 Likes

totally agree. it’s no fun playing like this.

good news is that I won’t have to worry about the additional levels because I have no chance at completing them even with my 100k+ team; even during the 4th and 5th sectors I had to try multiple times because in less than 5 seconds one of my characters would die. I’d switch to controlling that hero and another would go down in less than 5 seconds; its just beyond absurd. Well at least I can look forward to using the quick win tickets.

2 Likes

You’re going to have to have a decent pool of heroes to finish all five sectors now. Be smart about team compositions and power level. Do not waste your higher power heroes on lower sectors.

4 Likes

Gauntlet has worked fine for me from launch, thanks for the update it’s awesome now! I really appreciate the option to quick win or play through with something more challenging than before

1 Like

They made it seem like VIP members would get double the rewards but we really dont. Because we got two resets so we’d get the same amount twice. They make it seem like we are getting more but we are getting the same amount we would normally get for two runs just in one run. I’m sorry I cant properly explain this, for some reason i cant grasp what I’m truly trying to say.
Basically we will only make more gems unless we do rounds 6 and 7 but you have to be around 100k max give or take… I’m not hating in that part. I just do not like how they made it seems like high VIP members will actually get something worth the amount we’ve spent on this game. I was very excited at first for the changes, but now I almost feel mislead by this… But what do I know?

I heard this said before. I honestly didn’t pay attention to what the rewards were. So I can’t say if they were double or not. I bought up to when reset gets to 100 like I always do. But I can’t tell you how many others then the featured hero I purchased. I’m going to pay more attention tomorrow to see what I really get.

All honesty they never said high vip would get more rewards for gauntlet. All rewards remained the same just that for say vip 10 with 2 resets would get all the rewards for gauntlet with one go clearing sector 5. Added quick wins so you don’t have to run thru it again unless you wish too. Extra rewards beyond that come from sector 6 and 7. Personally never seen anything stating there would be more rewards than what was already offered from sectors 1-5.

I Had the issue and it works now, but you guys raised the bar not one level but at least 40 levels.
Making the gauntlet harder and more challenging I’am all for that. but keep it reasonable.

Please adjust so we can enjoy the gauntlet again like before…

1 Like

Made a quick win today and opened sector 6, then I realised that my best heroes where unusable, so the game automatically used my best tanks and dps, as well as all the healers in the quick win, so I ended up with the weakest and most useless heroes to run sector 6 against teams of 80 to 90k power (my top 5 heroes have only 80k power). None of the assemblies I have done so far even scracth the team of the first stage of the sector. In other words, waste of time and of a token. What bothers me is that the quick win uses all the heroes they want without even asking the players wich heroes they want to be used. I used the token they gave for free, so no actual loss here, but is obvious this new gauntlet changes are nothing but a gold trap, to make players spend more money to overcome the excessive challenge that the gauntlet is right now. But the bucks and gauntlet coins rewards remain roughly the same. The only thing that was actually changed is the overall difficulty. HH forgets that more than half of current heroes are either broken or useless, squishy or very hard to to improve due the inpossibility to aquire their frags, leaving players with not so many choices to use in each sector. With the overwhelming increase of the difficulty so should the rewards double, and I’m not referring to VIP advantage but in general, for all players including VIP 10 players.

1 Like

Yesterday the Devs said it remembers and uses the hero’s you used the day before. You may have to rerun it to get your pool where you want it for 6 and 7.

You misunderstood. You get the same rewards as you use to, but only have to do the runs once. You use to have to do full sector 1-5 Gauntlet runs twice to get the rewards. So effectively, you are getting double the rewards for less work.

The change is actually only really beneficial to people who have a big enough roster of 10*, 4 plat heroes to run sector 6 or 7, OR for VIP 10 or higher players. They no longer have to run the Gauntlet 10 times, now they have to only run the first 5 sectors one. Everyone else has to run the same 5 sectors but they are harder. Not much of a benefit for newer players who haven’t been playing a year+, or spent a ton of money.

You’re most definitely getting doubled. The double value is already calculated. There’s no big presentation or 2X on the rewards, but if you’re VIP10+, I assure you, the rewards are doubled.

2 Likes

This. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

3 Likes

The quick win uses the hero’s you used in the first 5 sectors. It just saves a snapshot of your team after you finished the first 5 sectors and puts you back to where you were. If you want a different set of hero’s for 6 and 7 just reset gauntlet and play from the start without using the heros you want to save for the stretch sectors :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah it seams it’s all about spending money, Everytime I finally get a hero to ten star I say ok I can farm for some heronium. Week later gone. No more. I can easily drop 3 hundred dollars and and not upgrade from 9 to ten star skills are so expensive I haven’t caught up and I play every day. It’s ridiculous

First everyone complained gauntlet was too easy. It took too much time. Well they addressed both issues. I am very happy with the changes. Having a mode that is actually challenging is a great place to test new teams. Sectors 6 and 7 are extra if you want to try them. You don’t have to run them. Finish 5 sectors and no longer have to worry about running gauntlet again is you choose. At least till you move up.

We all struggled with gauntlet when we first started. This is just an upgraded version. Be smart about your teams. Plan out your healers for higher sectors. Gauntlet is still beatable. Just pay attention to your team compilation.

All in all this is one of the better changes to come to the game in a long time. Keep trying everyone and don’t give up. You will finish sector 5 as well as 6&7.

5 Likes

One more thing…

Remember what it was like the first time you finished sector 5? Well get ready to experience that again. Only now you have two more sectors to try and finish. When you do, it becomes great bragging rights. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I seriously don’t understand some of you guys, you’ve been constantly complaining about how boring and irritating Gauntlet had become and demanded that they update it, not only did they do as you asked but they also added the ability to QUICK WIN and yet you all still complain. I can remember when it was difficult to pass sector 4 or 5 when I first began but eventually I got stronger and was able too. It’s like you just was everything to be handed to you on a silver platter with no effort. My suggestion is level up you your heroes, especially those that you’ve placed on the back burner. Also try different team compositions, see who who’s best compatible with who. Stop complaining about everything.
#FYI I beat sector 6 with a 85K team simply because of my team composition (nearly 11k difference in power)

6 Likes