The Unforgiving Demand of 5* Heroes

Don’t worry about getting new heroes. Almost all of them are useless since June (usually they are usefull just when they’re bosted or even with the bost they’re still useless just as Shank).

I’d say the only usefull heroes released in the last semester are 4-Cep and Alvarez (I guess). Usually the heroes are not good enough or they are too OP in the release date and they become useless after one or two nerfs (cofcofShivs, Yaegercofcof).

There are like 80 heroes. So I think it’s a bit of a mischaracterization when people say, no one uses Shivs now that she’s been nerfed. If she’s appears once every 16 matches that would be expected/average.

A huge mistake which a lot of people make is thinking PVP is the only game mode in the game.

We shouldn’t focus on how usefull a hero is/is not just based on PVP cause:

-They’re more game modes (some of them more profitable such as Bounty, Coop or special solo raids).
-We’ve got 3 lines (which is basically a game standar) divided in three clear positions: tank, support/healer and DPS. If you can be in one of those, why are u here? I mean Xianjiu is fine in almosy everything but good in nothing, Kobold is a good supporter but his possition is frontline and he doesn’t live long enough, Anvil is not a good DPS and he doesn’t provide support, etc.

And MOST important:

As you said, I you don’t have enough time for playing so long the game (just as almost everyone here, me included) PVP should be the less important game for you cause, let’s be honest, unless you spend a lot of time on it, most of times you get meh rewards.

I say this cause I used to “invest” a lot of time on PVP (before the wierd PVP draft situation) and you must play at least 2-3 hours a day during PVP tournaments(if your heroes last enough) to get decent rewards

What you can’t unlock a hero at 1 star? I question the dev’s logic here…

Because making a hero 5* means the player is paying for more stars, since a 1* would not be worth much. I’ll be honest, I don’t expect HHG to consider this thread at all.

2 Likes

Honestly, I bet they have a policy on never engaging in this kind of thread, and I bet they read all of it. But I agree that there won’t be any real changes forthcoming.

1 Like

You can buy 12 per day, but that’s 5 each for a total of 60 like the elemental and hero frags. The difference is they are ridiculously expensive compared to elemental frags, which cost 50 heronium per 1 frag. Universal are an incredible 200 heronium per 1 frag.

While the cost is very high, it would only take someone 10 days to unlock any of the rare 7 star heroes. That seems way to quick imo? Sure the devs could tweak it, but it would really take away that special feeling of getting those 7 star heroes. As for Kurtz, I have him and use him in PVP and agree, he is ridiculously OP as is.

Personally I don’t see why they don’t just give us the previous months hero along with the hero of the month frags? We already get random frags so why not just make it the last hero? That way newer players can still unlock them, it just takes them longer. Seems fair? Highest level players spending gold unlock them first, then people that are highest and grind every day, then everyone else (lower level and players who don’t co-op or play every day).

Sorry, I have to totally disagree here. Shiv and 4-Cep are actually pretty good in all game mods. Alvarez is decent in PVP too. 4-Cep, Avalrez, Lancer, Purifier, and Xianjiu all have very high power levels making them excellent for Alliance Wars. Shank has been the only real dude in the past several months.

1 Like

This suggestion makes the most sense to me. They’ve already extended the “tail” of how useful the previous Spotlight hero is by allowing them to keep their bonus in Bounty/PVP, so allowing for their frags to be collected into the next month seems reasonable.

2 Likes

Or what if they offer 1/2 of the random frags in the form of universals? Fewer frags, but greater liberty is something I would support.

A very logical conclusion @EricWayne! If the hero bonus continues, so should the ability to collect that hero’s frags through grinding.

I would be all for that, but unfortunately I think the devs did it the way they did to slow down progress on collecting all heroes. They also changed the PVP and Gauntlet heroes several months ago. It use to be the same heroes in all slots for a number of months. Now it’s 2 heroes that last a month in PVP with the rest resetting and being random each day, and 1 Gauntlet hero is static for a month.

1 Like

I am able to unlock a 5 star hero during the first coop event. With Alvarez I unlocked him in Helios. My problem is that it’s too much of a grind. Before I could still get the 3* hero to 5* or 6 as soon as unlocking, so there is no excitement with unlocking a 5* hero. A dev had stated that the purpose of the 5* was to make it more exciting for new players. Well only the new players lucky enough or financially able to get the hero from a crate have them. None I know was strong enough to unlock from coop. In fact my alliance suffered in wars from not having the bonus hero. Even very powerful daily playing members did not unlock. Only I have the new hero always.

4 Likes

Find one another player and pass co-ops with him. Make a trade… that is how other players opened up 5 stars hero from co-op. Or help another players with lvl lower than your passing their co-ops…

1 Like

Yup, new player wont be getting them for sure even during dojo period which gives the most frags. And for older players 3 or 5* makes no difference lol except 5* is much more annoying

2 Likes

At least remove the daily limit cap or increase it some more. This would allow for alliances to trade amongst themselves so that a few could have the new 5 star hero for wars or bounties. In the old days it was so much fun to help each other out to get the hero, now it’s just one trade

i have helped alliance members unlock 4 cep by buying resets for the whole allaince… now most people have 4 cep for war

1 Like

Whoa, that must have cost a ton of gold? How do yo reset an alliance members co-op? I dont know how to do that. Are the resets unlimited?

no i reset my own and just gave my wins to others

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.