The current state of Hero Hunters (w/ poll) [Dev Response]

As Draco mentioned earlier that the Yeager coop fragments are maxed and says limit is reached and today I’ve played my Helios but didn’t get any Yeager frags. All my alliance is having the same thing

It seems everyone is not getting the frag limit reset on the Helios missions. We are hoping the silence means a fix is currently underway.

We’re on top on the fragment limit not resetting. We’ll have it fixed shortly

3 Likes

I pointed this out and got flaged, yes I could have worded it differently, edits were made, however I was told Bucket was available and obtained before the 1st bounty by a special Bucket box. This may be insignificant considering…being flagged was personal !
The reason I replied to a comment made about, getting Bucket before first bounty, an untrue statment was for clarification reasons.
Now that I got that out…

Thank you for the detailed reply addressing all the issues!!

Sorry another issue occurred within the implementation of the new update, fragment reset, I know fixes are in the making and from past experiences Hero Hunters has provided fair compensation for most of game related issues that effects a significant # of players, and I thank you all for this.

Analytics provide quantitative data, usually most commonly used, however I see qualatative data is also taken seriously, much respect for this!!

There is a large amount of players who do not look at the forum and play despite changes made within game play.

Looking forward to the adjustments coming soon!
Thanks

• J

Thanks for clarifying that the Intention is not to move to Pay to Win. I’m happy to read about the intentions part but to be honest I am kinda sceptical about how far an honest intention can get a person.

So let me ask a few follow up questions:

Bounty

• Is it the intention to release stamina packs as a regular occurrence?
  • Is it the intention to make the featured hero only available through purchase before bounty?

PVP:

• Is it the intention to keep the point bonus for the featured hero 30x?
  • Is it the intention that the featured hero shall only be available via purchase for the first 2-3 PVP tournaments?
  • Is it the intention that during a PVP tournament, Free Play will be offline?
  • How is it going to be realistically possible for F2P players to get top 50, top 20, in PVP tournaments without using gold to unlock the featured hero or to revive?

Regardless of the ‘Intention’ of the devs to move/not move to Pay to Win, I think the players need a bit more clarity about whether the game policies implemented by HHG result in ACTUAL Pay to Win.

[Edit: below]

It’s like, a chef can say all he likes: “I didn’t intend to serve you a fried egg!”. But he bought an egg from the grocery store. He cracked it open into a hot pan. He fried it a bit, then after it was cooked he put it on a plate and gave it to you. Everything the chef did which lands up in the final result is what actually counts. It’s the product of all the actions cumulatively. No one cares whether the chef thought “dammit all those steps I took were from the recipe book which told me I was making cake souffle!!”. If it’s fried egg, it’s fuckin fried egg.

Likewise, if it’s Pay to Win, it’s Pay to Win. No one cares what the underlying intentions are. The end result is what counts.

6 Likes

But anyway it would be good if the devs could answer some of the feedback I have posted. As for me, I no longer have a stake in the game (except for my beloved team mates and friends whom I am leaving behind) since I have decided to retire.

Maybe I will share some reasons why, haven’t decided yet. I wish there was a way for me to distribute my in-game assets which include 11,000 gold, 2500 Uni frags, about 4000+ combined bio mech and energy frags and a whole lot more stuff. I think 18 million bucks and 900 stamina recharges too. 32/68 10-starred plat heroes and more.

3 Likes

I agree you @Vintermyst and thank you for compiling all the discussions over the forum and discord. I would like to put down some points after reading this thread:

I understand that there are only bunch of players who are actively part of community and a huge amount of them aren’t here - voicing their opinions and suggestions. It is valid to think that they might be happy with how things are.

But it is also true that we all have players over in alliance chats, globals and your PMs with whom you discuss changes. I am sure that some of you are from alliances in which almost no one except you are on discord and forum.

It is easy to complain, harder to take out time and voice your opinions and even harder to listen to all our opinions, put them forth to their team and discuss/get criticism and yet do your job.

I personally try to encourage players from my alliance to join forums to least stay updated. I put forth discussions from here to our chats so they are up to knowledge of what’s happening since I understand not all of us are playing at same intensity, some are lot casual and have less time in game than rest but they have right to know and speak up - but it’s completely upto them if they want to. Reading discussions and writing a reply takes time - so they would rather play game than be here.

I would bring forth another dimension to this discussion which haven’t been spoken yet and is part of larger picture:

I refrain to build a character which isn’t farmable. It makes no sense to me to spend 2k gold to get a 3* star character. Not because it isn’t cheap but its utterly to no point.

Let’s say I buy a character X for 2k. Then I do raid for 11 days for 8 frags, get him to nice 4*. It would be low on stars so I will buy ‘X Booster crate’ to tier three or all for making it raise to 6-7* (range which I think characters are decently competitive since they balance out in rooster)

See I don’t see point in doing that. For me as an F2P and grinder, who haven’t been playing that long (5 months) I wouldn’t invest this much on one character solely with gold. And I think majority of players who still don’t have single 10* (forget all 10* - so they can dump gold on new guy) would agree on that.

I would rather work on my entire rooster with that kind of gold, even if it means I don’t unlock the new-guy. Sure I will not be as competitive in PvP and bounty but new characters are seasonals - they loose their charm and then it comes down to their skillset and how much I had worked on them. For me - Kobold, Bucket are decent and I use them frequently as defense replacements but Jarek loves running patrols. I use Kaishi when I am in crunch and need DPS so he is my third or 4th dps guy. I was able to score competive score in bounty in all first bounties I played since beginning of game without new hero since I don’t do resets - so it’s alright if I don’t unlock character at all at end of faction month and just unlock him with a single crate purchase.

I would buy a crate or bundle if I see worth. If I already got a guy to 5* from raids, then I think its worth spending gold from booster crates (against my better judgment) to raise to least 7*. I have done that for Kaishi and Kobold, but not for Jerek or 4* farmed Bucket even if I felt she is decent. I wouldn’t even care to look into crate for Yeager other than unlocking him if it comes to that.

I know all these sounds like personal decisions but these are rational decisions from a gamer in HH. Faction month after all ends after a month and what we are left with are characters we worked on.

3 Likes

I 100% agree with Sing on this.

Releasing a Stamina Packs sale during bounty essentially makes this a P2W model. It takes away the hard work that some people takes to prepare for bounty by allowing little rich kids to take short cuts.

Some of us don’t expect to be top 10/50/100, but we expect a fair chance with preparation.

If you do insist on selling stamina packs for bounty, there should be a cap on the # of blue stamina each person can use during a bounty to even out the odds.

All you’re doing is alienating a huge swatch of player to satisfy a few.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.