Surprise attacks at war start

This is just my preference i know not everyone will agree or it may seem like im whining, i wish you could remove rushing the surprise attacks at the start of war, over the past 5 wars our neighbors have shut us down by cutting us off from everything to the middle, been different circumstances each war, but everytime this has happened, the team that did it ends up in last place and did nothing for them selves but destroyed our war, instead of normally holding down 1st all war we end up fighting for top 3 because of it, when top 3 use to be a cakewalk. Just putting my opinion out there And tired of bum teams cutting us off from anything valuable, while everyone else just soaks up the 2 stars and the team that does it ends up 5th or 6th. I think war would go alot smoother if you couldnt rush any perks on the first day. I understand it adds strategy, and i get that, these starts have been terrible for us since that started and have had a neighbor do it every single war for the past 5, just ALOT of bad luck around that mechanic off the jump and with that just wanted to express my opinion that i HATE that surprise attack off rip! Much more enjoyable when we have people ready for tipoff making a clean sprint than people just cutting each other off and away at the starts

2 Likes

Rather than stopping it at the start of war, make it so if you sabotage them they can’t rebuild and rush it under shields. If you could do that then you can potentially quickly ruin their strategy at start of match.

2 Likes

That would be great also, right now its just been a bunch of back and forth cutting and sloppy, while the other teams who arent getting cut off rip, taking advantage, if another team can build and rush surprise attack before we reach the middle its over, 15-20 seconds and getting cut by a surprise attack is really frustrating, especially when the team that did it will never reach those sectors

1 Like

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again: Surprise attack should not grant a shield unless your alliance makes an on the ground connection with that zone afterwards. If that were the case, if the other alliance wants to spend double BP to take a zone in your path, you could at least take it and move on. It’s never made sense to me how you can bomb into some far away zone behind enemy lines and enjoy comfy shielded protection for hours on end.

2 Likes