Still NO RESOLUTION on Min/max

Sogui, just wanna hyperbole, gaslight on Min/max and abuse it. He can no longer be taken seriously

What’s wrong with the picture ?

If it’s based on the prerequisites that I had suggested before -

1, highest hero is 10* than the lowest must b 8* 2, highest hero is plat than the lowest must be gold2 3, the highest hero power is 10k and the lowest must be 8k
( Failing to meet the above 3 conditions the PVP button will not be able to be activated ) 4, experience will be earned in PVP matches (as suggested by a member)
5, if the player level is 70 and uses much lower hero in PVP, the said player will also be penalised. ( credit to Kraterios)

My opponent would not be able to run Razor and Heim as both would fail the above requisites.

Additionally, as a min/max abuser my opponent is not penalised and in fact given the slight power advantage. No matter how you see it a 10* will power through any other hero lesser than 10*. Plus he had 3x 10*s !

1 Like

I don’t use Caine or Clyde on any of my main PVP teams. It’s kinda weird seeing someone digging through my hero list and then trying to GUESS what I use when it’s really clear they’ve never seen my teams or understand my strats. Also my Phoenix is 8* silver, not 4* plat, what’re you smoking?

1. None of my primary PVP teams (the ones that do 95% of my wins) use a plat, I would not have to upgrade my Panzer since all my best PVP heroes are silver or gold.

2. Including level difference AND star difference is irrelevant, they are the same thing. A 55 6* and a 70 6* have more in common than a 70 6* and a 70 8*. Thats why I said to use power instead but you keep ignoring me and meme’ing about my roster.

3. You continue to ignore the reality that nothing you posted fixes the min/max problem. Your requirements would let you have an 8k gold healer on the same team with a 14k plat DPS without any penalty - that’s WORSE at min/max abuse than the current system which would at least give that team a matchmaking penalty for gross power disparity.

@Nailfox continues to demonstrate that he’d rather engage in personal attacks than try to understand a system that he clearly is ignorant of. It would solve nothing and impose onerous burdens on players by suddenly changing the rules of how they are allowed to play the game.

1 Like

Sorry, I was thinking of your Phalanx, my bad.

I’m really not trying to do a personal attack, but for me it is important that the min/max issue is solved, not to be written off due to comments from those who deliberately abuse to min/max to the full extent. So when you comment on this hot potato of a topic I think it is valid to show why you try to avoid any of these suggested changes.

I have no issue with min/maxers playing like this, it is today allowed in the game, but trying to reroute the problem (like you do with your 3rd point) with a personal agenda to be able to continue to min/maxing is not to my liking at all.

4 Likes

I also deliberately abused Panzer when she was released and I was also the first person to call for her nerf (meanwhile you defended her, rofl).

That doesn’t mean I’m not here to give good feedback, which is why your continued personal attacks are so frustrating when you continue to put out terrible suggestions.

I sincerely don’t even think you’ve read my post, because you continue to ignore it and my specific critiques of yours. If I wanted to min/max, like I do now, I would LOVE your system. It’s perfect! If I could take a star off my Mandrake and give him 10 levels instead, all I would have to do is add 1 star to my Heimlock to meet your “min/max prevention” rules. Meanwhile your rules would also allow a 14k Plat Dogface to sit on a team of 8k Gold healers and it wouldn’t be min/max.

The simple and effective answer is to create a scaling cap on the power gap between a team’s lowest and highest hero - and have the PVP system automatically (and temporarily) reduce the power of any heroes that go over that gap and matchmake accordingly.

Alternatively you could create a strict version of that system which would equalize the power of all heroes on a team but that might be a little too onerous.

Try to address my position without resorting to completely irrelevant ad hominem attacks.

I will refrain from answering… It’s too obvious.

@Nailfox, let’s just stop commenting on his posts, believe me, your day wel be more fun arguing with a wall.

He keeps repeating the same stuff, only to keep his min max abuse alive, and to confuse others who don’t know his playing style

4 Likes

Please keep the discussion on topic.

I want to remind this thread that everyone is free to share their feedback and proposed solutions in a civil and constructive way.

Remember to keep it classy.

1 Like

Min/max to the extreme …

1 Like

Yeah I faced him a few times to, funny thing is that is see this happening more with certain alliances, no name calling, but yeah once you see the same name pop up multiple times a week you’ll start to notice this.

2 Likes

It’s getting out of hand, 6 out of 10 matches I face are min/max… and it gets worst in tournaments

I see a lot of suggestions to fix min/max. Some are good. Some go too extreme and make it hard to use all your hero’s. For free play I don’t know how much they could actually do. But for tournaments there is a quick and easy fix. No matter what hero you use. No matter what their current level, color, skill level, or star is. Make all heroes exactly the same. Same level, same color, same stars, same skill level. Min/max would not exist in environment like this. The bracket you are in determines the level, color, etc…

But why should I level up my heroes then?

For free play, gauntlet, bounty, campaign, raids, co-op. There’s reasons to want to level them. This is done in tournaments for other games also. Take clash royale for example. There’s a reason that game has been so highly successful for so many years.

Gauntlet and raids don´t really need leveled up Heroes. You can easily do them with 8* Gold or even less. Bounty rewards are barely worth the effort, you get almost the same with medicore heroes too. If you don´t need to level up your herores you don´t need to get far in the capaign.
Because of this lack of proper PvE contant a change like the one you suggestet would kill the game in an instant.

Agreed, but that also means we need more coop stuff, besides the 2x monthly coop raid.

It’s been said before, mass PvP, endless pve, coop campaign, we need this to make it more fun for everyone, also people who don’t like PvP

Somehow the min/masers are having a leg up against players that utilised a balanced team.

Most time when am up against a min/maxers. I would notice that the min/maxer would be having a team power more than mine. Easily 7 out of 10 min max that I go up against.

I hope the coming Oct update will address the matter. But afraid that it would be a bridge too far …

Some of the matches against min/maxers.

How are for instance the first example a min/maxer? Looks pretty balanced. Just a bad matchup.

The 1st and 3rd are quite normal. I wouldn’t call that abuse of the system. Just being unable to have only 5 plat heroes teams. Unless you have EVERY hero at exactly the same strength, you are going to be forced to mix ranks and stars. In fact, you have a bigger difference between strongest/weakest in the first picture.

2nd and 4th are abusing the fact that Razor is brutal at bronze/silver and gets weaker the more you upgrade him (since breaking his shield becomes harder and harder)

1 Like

The same player in 2nd n 4th does it all the time.

Stars make his shield harder to break than promotions, which barely buff skills.

It just boils down to Razor’s gold and plat being, like most passives, utter trash. If you wanted to keep Razor’s shield weaker and easier to break you’d have him as a 5* plat, not a 9* silver.

Either way the only thing wrong with Cool_Hand’s opponents is they are smart enough to avoid awful skills, the massive prevalence of terrible skills is part of what makes min/max so important - and yet nobody is pushing HHG to actually buff platinum skills to make them worth the 1k+ power they add.