Baron is the king on the battlefield and a great fit for any UAF fire team. He’s a beef-cake who excels at demolishing cover and providing suppressing fire for his allies. Baron is a valuable and adaptable squaddie.
As part of Butter’s re-tooling, we have split the core components of Butter’s original kit into two separate Heroes who will cater to different play styles. Baron offers an aggressive tanking alternative, dishing out spikes of damage quickly, and will often be the center of attention. Use his Taunts and high damage output to draw fire away from a vulnerable teammate.
- An adaptable Off-Tank with a powerful minigun that shreds cover as though it were paper. His variety of Taunts keep his allies safe.
Primary Weapon – ‘XMG-80’ Cyclic Plasmagun:
- This rapid fire minigun has a massive ammo capacity that allows a constant stream of damage.
- Focus attacks on poorly armored foes to maximize the damage output.
Covering Fire sprays a spread of bullets, hitting large numbers of enemies. The number of shots is distributed evenly among the enemies, dealing higher single-target damage when there are fewer enemies on the screen.
- Use this ability on groups of enemies to gain a Taunt, drawing fire away from Baron’s allies.
- Use this ability on an isolated enemy to deal a large amount of single-target damage very quickly.
- Covering Fire fully reloads Baron’s minigun when activated. Time this ability for an effective reload to get back in the fight faster.
Pyroclast rapidly deals a large punch of Energy damage and instantly demolishes cover.
- Combine this ability with other Heroes who gain bonuses from destroying cover.
- Make a high priority enemy target open to attacks.
- Demolishing cover positions will interrupt ability cast channels and reloads. Use this ability to hinder the enemy from fighting back.
Center of Attention provides Baron with an invaluable team bonus buff. Ally Heroes will gain bonus Health whenever an ally drops below 50% Health and Baron will Taunt enemies. If Baron was already Taunting before the Center of Attention effect activates, he will gain bonus Health as well. This passive ability keeps your allies alive longer by forcing your enemies to attack Baron first.
- Use Covering Fire when allies are starting to reach 50% Health. This will nearly guarantee bonus Health for Baron from the Center of Attention effect, as he will already be Taunting.
Cover Breaker provides additional bonuses for demolishing cover and deals bonus damage to enemies out of cover.
- For maximum effect, use Pyroclast to demolish enemy cover before raking them with a spread of minigun fire.
- Baron’s vast number of Taunts allow Mid-line and Rear line Heroes to easily perform their role without being attacked or needing to take defensive positions.
- Keep Baron’s Health topped up by combining him with Keel’s Scavenge Ability (restores Health whenever enemy cover is demolished).
- Baron performs best when combined with a balanced team comp and additional front line Tanks. He can effectively draw fire away from teammates, but requires an effective Support Hero to keep him alive.