Split the Damage stat to Damage per Shot and Damage Per Second

A quality of life upgrade I’m sure. I think the damage stat is pretty unclear on how much damage a Hero actually does during normal play.

These are just examples since the game doesn’t offer a proper firing range:

My Beck:

6 Stars, Platinum +0.
Damage stat displays an astounding 26000 damage.
In-game numbers display around 3500 damage per shot when firing on non-elemental units.

Then my Salvatore:

8 stars, Gold +4.
Damage stat displays 10500 damage.
In-game numbers display around over 11000 to 12000 damage per shot when firing on non-elemental units.

Obviously, this discrepancy affects rapid fire Heroes more than single shot Heroes but there shouldn’t be a discrepancy in the first place.

What I’m asking for:

The Damage stat split into two: Damage-per-shot and Damage-per-second.

A firing range where the player can test damage values vs. controllable variables such as Element and Armor. The firing range should also feature an option to remove cover for both player controlled Heroes and enemy Heroes since some of the characters utilize cover as part of their skills (Keel, Cinder, etc).

Go roast me.

5 Likes

Nope, I like it, no roast for you from me, worse luck next time

1 Like

One thing that’s tough with dps is that high-mag rapid fire weapons aren’t expected to connect with each round fired. So Matador would end up with a crazy high dps when in reality, his cone-of-fire limits the actual damage being done.

That being said, I think it would be awesome to have damage per shot and damage per second both shown.

One thing that’s tough with dps is that high-mag rapid fire weapons aren’t expected to connect with each round fired.

Yeah, that would be an issue. The DPS could simply assume the “best” situation where all rounds in the magazine connect minus critical hit RNG. I mean, that would really be the one few ways to consistently to measure the Damage-per-second stat.

No issue with that, just factor in accuracy. There’s also recoil where you need to wait a bit for the cross hair to return to normal (e.g. sentry) which extends the time between shots to be effective. These two factors should still translate to DPS.

Even if the stat breakdown doesn’t appear as you describe here, offering more detailed information is the right way to go. Favorited

One of the reason why we see such discrepancy on dmg is how the Armor affects damage. This might also be the reason why the devs chose not to display DPS. I have seen games that armor is more effective on low dmg/shot and less effective on high dmg/shot.

Then why not put out a guide to stats for players and not make it a black box.

They fear abuse of the system LOL.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.