I have loved this game for over a year. I have spent an hour or two every day GRINDING my way through despite the developers constantly adding new ways to slow down my progress.
I gave the developers hundreds of dollars - roughly the cost of four brand new PS4 games - and yet I was still expected to grind through every step of this game and to watch ads(!).
The latest round of changes have finally destroyed my dwindling enthusiasm.
I have spent over a year building the right combination of ten star heroes so I could use them to farm heronium and strengthen my other heroes.
Now they’ve randomised the hero fragments in both the PVP store and the Gauntlet store and I have to draw the line. My enthusiasm was slowly being killed over the last few months but now it is truly dead and I will be leaving this game.
If the developers ever read this, please consider the following changes:
- If people have already paid you money, don’t make them watch ads.
- If people decide to watch your ads, don’t then limit how many they can watch in a day.
- If people have quick win tickets, they should be able to use them without it ALSO eating up stamina.
- Don’t give bogus VIP rewards. Being a VIP, I was allowed more resets and refills but they just cost more gold each day to actually activate. That is no reward. Seriously, you believe that ‘allowing’ us to spend more money each day is somehow a bonus?
- Stop making all the rewards a gamble. The campaign level rewards and the crates offer disgraceful odds for the rewards. If we are spending time/energy/money or gold we should know exactly what we are going to get and the costs of crates is so high in proportion to the possible rewards.
- Stop changing the hero fragments in the PVP and Guantlet stores. Do you realise how much time and effort goes into building a ten star hero? We need the hero fragments to stay constant in those stores so that we have the power to share out fragments to heroes of our own choosing. When you randomise hero fragments there is now very little incentive to invest in any particular hero.
- I am not sure anyone playing this game wants an added strategy element (Alliance Wars). We play this game for the quick battles of action packed shooting. Consider removing the Alliance Wars as it just eats up more time and energy for alliances when our attention is already absorbed with so many other things in this game.
- And most of all, PLEASE stop finding new ways to slow down our progress. Please stop crafting new ways to frustrate your players in hopes that their frustration will turn into spending money. You force us to focus on PVP so much - why do you have to slow our hero-building down when PVP is always a fresh challenge with unknown opponents?
Lastly, I have to say I really, really loved this game. And I still love the core mechanics and concept. I just cannot stand the grind any more. It has eaten up too much of my free time and I have wrestled with the decision to quit for a few weeks now. I have finally hit my limit in what I can take.
Bye all, and good luck with the game.