🗣 return draft to us

@Muninn PvP mode where Hero Grade, Rank, Skills, etc. are all normalized, like in Draft mode is exactly what I’m asking for.

I’ll try again:

What’s more important to you?

1. Having normalized Heroes for “perfect” balanced matches

2. Being able to pick Heroes in a Draft format

I’m trying to nail the heart of what you’re asking for, not the prescriptive feedback.

For me personally,

1. Having normalized Heroes for “perfect” balanced matches

It’s mainly to minimize seeing sandbagger and having balance in the game to allow us to try different combinations without having to take into account sandbaggers.

2 Likes

I personally loved the dynamic of having every hero be equally leveled out at a certain power, whether it was at gold 7* or at platinum 9*, etc. There are still quite a few heroes I haven’t upgraded, so having that “preview” really helps with figuring out who I might want to invest in!

1 Like

I disagree. The old PVP drafts only went on for a day or two, and if you were good you could usually place really high after the initial placement matches. That meant 5 matches for decent rewards.

It was great not having to grind and spend dozens of hours to place well, or needing the new hero maxed. It was all down to skill. I would say the time it took to select heroes was the only real downfall. Taking a minute before each match kind of sucked, and you didn’t win any thing per match, which was understandably with unlimited lives.

alternate selection of heroes in 95% of cases is not significant. unless you hit the same player 10 times in a row. in this case, the alternate choice of heroes can really change the outcome of the battle.

I think Muninn just asked/offered us exactly 2 options…

And we have to choose 1 of them, not the option in-between…

I’ll try to explain the whole taste of this cake. And with the most delicious cherry on top.

PERFECT BALANCE OF TEAMS - MANDATORY.
POINT CALCULATION SYSTEM - MANDATORY.
Won - GOT EXPERIENCE. LOSED - LOST EXPERIENCE.

Everything happens quickly on the bottom layer of this cake. (Top500) strong players quickly rise to the top. heroes are quickly picked at the beginning. because they confidently walk on the corpses of weak players. a strong player catches endarfins due to the number of wins in a row. then comes the middle of the cake. (top50).
the player receives the first loss. small break. the player begins to think which heroes to choose. to become more accurate and attentive. the players know each other and while waiting for an opponent they nervously think who they will come across.
then comes the top layer of this cake. (top10).
the most powerful players gather there. there is already an alternate choice of heroes needed. because players can play each other 20 times in a row until someone gets a series of defeats.
and then comes the cherry at the very top of this cake. (top1). a player who claims to be the first in the ranking sits quietly and waits for the same strong fighter to play with him the last few fights and consolidate the result and prove his superiority.

This is all I told as a fan of PVP.

Now the other good sides of this tournament.
Some players do not play this tournament for the sake of victory. They play because they want to check the compatibility of the characters.
Some players play because they do not have strong heroes and just want to try it.
Some players play because there is no need to pay to reload the heroes.
Some players play because there are no bots.

I can list the use cases for this tournament for a very long time.

I told many players about my post here on the forum. And I hope they express their opinion too.

Thank you for your attention and I’m sorry if I wrote something incorrectly. I use a translator.

I want to supplement my message. if the choice of heroes is not a big deal for you on the technical side, the answer is obvious. Naturally, the choice of heroes will not be superfluous. and if it’s a lot of work for you, then I think that we can all do without taking turns choosing heroes. :ok_hand:

The order of importance.

1. the most important. rating system. (The champion is determined not by the number of victories, but by the quality of victories).

2. also very important. perfect equality of heroes. (if this does not happen, then the first item will not work).

3. the choice of heroes in turn.
    (It is possible without it, but it is more interesting with it).

#MakeDraftGreatAgain! :grin:

1 Like

A gentle reminder that I’m asking questions to get to the heart of the feedback, and to get you guys used to providing feeling-based feedback and not prescriptive solutions. I’m not promising Draft Brawl will return, or anything else. It’s part of my job to figure out what you need, as opposed to what you want.

I answered your every question. just return this tournament. as it was before. no headache)

Please don’t kill pvp, its good the way it is!

1 Like

What I really miss is not the draft itself, but the ability to “preview” higher levels/bars/stars. The fact that the pvp matches were “perfectly balanced” was a nice touch, but what really mattered to me was trying out characters at higher levels so I could decide where to invest.

I found this “preview” ability especially useful as a newer player. Now that Ruby grade is out there, I would love to try out some of my lineup at Ruby before making the significant investment to actually get them there.

If you guys use a must/should/could/won’t style of prioritization, my personal ranking of the prior draft features are as follows:
Preview higher power heroes - must
Perfectly balanced pvp matches - should
Draft-style team selection - could

Muninn I hope this is the kind of feedback you’re looking for.

2 Likes

I absolutely hated this mode from a speed play standpoint

However having played competitive in other games, this mode is absolutely essential in understanding heroes. I really liked the previous style of having them equalized plat or equalized gold, required different strategies and legitimized upper level bragging rights.

I however am not one of those upper level players but can’t think of an alternative but forcing everyone to play draft since community not big enough to make enough matchmaking. I am willing to sacrifice a few days of my speed pvp a month to add a true competitive component to the game that is less pay to play dependent than other modes

To briefly answer @Muninn: 1) 1. Having normalized Heroes for “perfect” balanced matches; drafting is important for true competitive play but there aren’t enough metas for that to be as important as #1. Plus it still alllows for speed play if you are forced to choose between option 1 and 2

Vote: act a fool, bring it back

This topic about draft mode, like it was before. No need to change pvp-mode. Pvp - is pvp, and draft mode - is draft mode. But you can add some changes into draft mode. Like enter for the gold, or new rewards. Also would be great if dev’s can add ruby grade balance. But, much of players would be glad if dev’s return draft in game like it was before. No need to change pvp into something new. Like “perfect” balance. If dev’s return draft mode in game - it would be enough. Who wants - they will be play draft, other players, who don’t like draft will be play into usually pvp mode

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.