PvP power after the update

I’m not mad or anything, I was also annoyed when I fought halo Baron cinder platinum with all lvl 1 skills and somehow they had a lower power ranking then me while I using 1 platinum hero.

But glad I’m I know what the problem is right now, my a team still works, don’t know what to do with the rest though haha

I’ll be honest, I hope that this is a precursor to reworking PvP skills so that min/max of skills to gain a power advantage is no longer a thing. It’s an ass-backward mechanic that essentially punishes players for progression. It’d be one thing if skill points could be reset/redistributed but way too many people will level up a skill before realizing that it’s not particularly useful and by then it’s too late: they are forever at a disadvantage to those that min/max the crap out of every hero.

But if this IS the intent of what you are seeing, it’s certainly could be implemented in a less confusing manner. Having anything look like a bug, even if it isn’t, is pretty problematic.

2 Likes

Hey everyone!
Just to let you know we are aware of this issue. We are working on a solution and I hope to have an update for you soon.

1 Like

So I shouldn’t be upgrading my skills? I’m dumping my bucks in them non-stop now, would be pretty bad if this is reverted.

I understand that some people really took advantage (full 1 lvl skill teams) but I still don’t see the use in some hero’s having higher skills, and it would also be bad if this is reverted after we all maxed all our skills to be at an new disadvantage.

Thanks for the response though

To be clear, the issue is the mismatched numbers. I believe the higher value is the one our matchmaker takes into account. The goal of the change was to not punish players for investing in their skills. Progression shouldn’t be penalized.

So this will be the new format for PvP?

Cause then I know what to do with my teams haha

Huginn literally just said they are looking into it. How do you go from that to “this will be the new format for PvP”?

huh

My bad, misinterpreted that because of the last sentence :sweat_smile:

Thank you “Very much” for this “fair” matchmaking. PVP is broken for me completely.

Got a tons screenshots like that type…

Well, you are power dropping mixing strong characters with weak characters (9585 Oracle with 2156 Flatline) which already gets punished with matching versus stronger enemies.

This last patch probably made PvP skill count as maxed, to avoid penalizing progression, as Huginn stated 2 days ago.

So you, powerdroping with these two ways in order to have easier matchs, gets double punished. Thats why you find teams with 10k more power.

Try using a balanced team with maxed skills and you will notice enemy power will be similar or even lower (in case they are abusing matchmaking like this, too)

So now I am punished for not maxing skills?! I think this is stupid. Just remove skills from power calculation. Idont have bucks for maxing all skils! And dont want do that. Before the,update,max diffrence was 3-4 k. Now it was even 11k! Matchmaking becomes even more stupid, unbalanced and unfriendly.

The skill thing has 2 sides.

1. People have a point when they say they are being punished for maxing skills.

2. Try to use your brain and when you see a skill that adds 1 damage it isn’t worth it.

Right now I have almost maxed my main team and I have no problem in PvP anymore, only this event cause I don’t have the bucks to fix a whole bio team, still standing top 250 though

Before the update you were only being punished for using strong heroes with underdeveloped heroes, to avoid people going with 1 Razorback and 4 fillers, or things like that.

Now you are ALSO being punished for not leveling skills, which, in my opinion, is a good move for a more balanced PvP, but I don’t know why it wasn’t stated on the patch notes.

You kept fooling the system with lv 1 skills, and you kept having matches WAY easier, against people with 4-5 less stars than your team, and you never complained about the system being unfair. Now that its the other way around, you say its not fun? I wonder how your rivals felt all this time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@GTSaiko Agreed, but we still need a way to fix certain hero’s power.

As I stated before some skills aren’t worth upgrading, they will give you tons of power without being usefull

Best way is completely remove skills from power calculation. And,all will be good. This is easy and simple.

Removing skill power isn’t the way to solve this, then I would just build sick damage bronze teams, wipe every new player out and they don’t understand why they died in 20 seconds.

I started this post because I didn’t understand why I fought 5k/10k teams stronger.

I don’t want people to treath each other, I wanted constructive feedback to figure out what was going on.

Right now I know what is going on, I fixed my main team and I have no problem with them anymore.

The problem right now isn’t the 1lvl skils anymore but low damage skills giving the same amount of power to a hero as a really strong skill.

I also said this before, cast, surge, just name the heros who don’t have badass damage skills, maybe needs some tweaking to be viable again on PvP.

Please keep this one clean and constructive.

it was all good before this happened, otherwise close this topic.

Cause i now know what happened in the update, my question was answered, I don’t want people do this stuff on a post that I created to flame or be offensive, be chill.

Krat out

Funny thing, thats EXACTLY what they did. No matter your skill level, they count as maxed. So a 8* plat Mandrake with 70-70-70-70 weights the same power than a 8* plat Mandrake with 1-1-21-41

That’s tricky. There are skills that give a lot of power without being useful maxed (mostly CC skills), so counting everything as maxed hurt CC heroes (like Cast or Surge). But those same skills work almost as good at lv 1, so the way matchmaking weighted skills before made CC skills stronger at lv 1, because they would offer the same crowd control, similar damage and would weight almost nothing on matchmaking.

The best way to solve this, would making said skills worth leveling. Currently, I don’t feel like spending… a lot of cash upgrading Surge’s bronze, or Cross’ silver, because the damage increase is barely worth the massive effort it takes to max a skill. Even if Im not punished in PvP for leveling those skills anymore, it’s still not worth it, which is problematic.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Make sure to abide by the FAQ/Guidelines. Keep it classy. If this continues to devolve, this topic will be closed, and specific parties may get warnings.

Take some time to review the FAQ in regards to forum conduct before you continue this discussion, everybody.

1 Like

Close it please, enough is said