PvP is broken

Hmmmm how do I get matched with this ? Shouldn’t it be the other way round … I wonder if each heroes level are not even considered ? And instead the overall player level is taken into consideration… quite baffled

Am I smurfing? I mean, my caine is gold because I don’t have the materials for him. And it should have been the other way around right? (Like one plat and other low level toons)

Your Caine should be higher. That said, your opponent has 3 x 9*. At the moment, only devs will know how the algorithms are being run.

The whole problem comes when people abused the system over and over. Every time HH introduces a mechanic to avoid abuse, abusers find a new one. But PvP is becoming more and more punishing for honest players who may not be able to pour all their resources equally into all their heroes to have an exactly balanced team with all skill maxed and all heroes around the same power.

And the worst thing is that, even when you manage to achieve that almost impossible balance, you find an enemy with 5-10k more power than you.

I’ve said it before but the Devs made a MASSIVE mistake when they chose to HIDE matchmaking mechanics instead of being transparent.

Devs said that transparent meant people would figure out how to abuse them again, but people will figure that out anyway just by trial and error but now nobody can give effective feedback because we don’t know what’s causing the mismatches.

Of course it’s all silly because that right solution was always to change the power system so that levels, stars, promotions, and skills all more fairly represent the team’s true power. Skills that scale poorly should be more frontloaded in power (i.e. unlocking Drake’s gold should increase power a LOT, but skilling it up shouldn’t change power much because an extra 10hp/s means almost nothing). HHG should also realize the importance of non-skill power, most matches are decided before bronze/silver skills even go off - my goal in every match is to get 1-2 enemies dead before anyone starts using skills (and 90% of the time I will succeed). That’s why smurf teams are so good, they have tons of HP and damage and while their skills are underleveled it never matters when the match is over in 25 seconds.

After that the only thing left to address would be:

1. Huge power disparities on teams, i.e. someone teaming their 9* gold fortress with a bunch of unskilled bronze fodder - and that problem isn’t terribly hard to solve.

2. People avoiding promotions into bad skills. That isn’t too difficult to solve either, rebalance their skills so that you don’t have useless skills like Gammond’s gold, even it means moving some of their power from their best skills (i.e. the bonus HP + taunt from protect and serve is the new gold passive, it can happen without Protect and Serve but only once/twice, Protect and Serve will recharge the passive though).

But this is really subjective. Someone said in the “most useless gold skills” that Hardscope’s gold is bad. But I personally disagree. Two different people will have different values for the same skill. So how are you going to decide which skills deserves to be more impactful on power?

I agree that Drake’s platinum weighting more than his gold is kinda crazy, but you can’t change skills power value from that point of view. It would become really hard to balance and really tedious.

While that’s true, I would say that there’s a ton of merit to frontloading the power boost on skills that have a base affect that doesn’t get scaled. Like Sogui mentioned, some skills give 90% of their value just from being unlocked and leveling them up doesn’t hardly do anything. Making the power match the value of the skill at its respective level would help quite a bit.

Yeah I’m not talking about a skills subjective value, I was talking about scaling. Some skills like Mandrake Gold get 90% of their value at the lowest level. Others like Nightingale’s heal scale completely with level so a lot of its power comes from having it leveled as high as possible.

Skills that scale well should add more power when leveled compared to those that dont. Otherwise someone can abuse the system by making underleveled teams with powerful skills that dont scale much.

How do I get match up with this ???

By virtue of stars he already out mismatched me 41 vs 37 …

@Cool_hand I don’t know

@Kraterios, as it is the PVP is …

As I see, running 3-4 high power together with 1-2 lower power hero lineup will somehow get a matchup of meeting a much lower power opponent … the new smurfing ?

After 2/4 normal fights I get one like this

Don’t know how I won to be honest though

Honestly at this point, PVP feels straight up like RNG, just like opening crates.

1 Like

Jup, every fight is messed up

Such chill, much wow, so much balance…

1 Like

But I can’t increase my caine. I have to use my mats for ryker and possibly panzer after I unlock her. And I dont want to use my saved universal mats which I hope to push my 10* so I can get heronium.

Weird algorithm. As if caine is farmable.

So according to support, power calculation aside, it’s about luck and randomness depending on who is playing with you. The forever unhelpful support. Haha

@Vo2 I’m just going to flag all your posts, get away from this place if you can’t contribute and behave as a normal person, cya

You’re terrible…

Even if the new matchmaking after June update work, bucks will still be low maximizing skill and it will still be hard to make a balanced team because we can’t swap the defeated hero and forced to try another balanced team. Other hero’s will be useless in PVP then. Not many heros to play even if all the hero’s are unlocked.

I happened to see on VIP chat some hours ago that Omni mentioned that they are working on the matchmaking system and tweaking it… I hope they are going to make it BETTER, lol.

(Stars x level) is obviously broken and even worse at lower levels. matching me to a team with 40% power differential and consisting only of a silver and bronze team with more stars and higher levels is fucken insane. The base armor, dps, and hp of these kinds of teams are double what my team has.

At this point they must give 1/5 PVP crate increments even if you lose as consolation until they have built a matching system that’s acceptable.

And I thought they would punish players that don’t level their skills, to my surprise I got matched with a team that’s not only imbalanced high power / low power, but also unleveled skills. PVP is just annoying.

I wish the game could just spend my hero lives automatically with random teams instead of taking my time and effort to think of balanced teams and get a fcked up match. I’ll just watch as the AI selects picks a team at random, play on auto, repeat. Maybe that will be much enjoyable. At least I can do something productive while I just set and forget once.

They should’ve made an announcement in the chat when they do this. And give players extra lives instead of being stealthy about it or bonus points during the duration.