I just wanted to find out from the forum community in general.
In its current version, which do you like better? PVP Draft or Regular PVP?
For me, despite the flaws of regular PVP… I prefer it over PVP Draft.
1. I can play my own heroes.
2. There is more variety because people can also play their own heroes! Every game is different. PVP Draft on the other hand… well I think all of us have covered it extensively but it is a big negative point that we only see a limited selection of meta heroes.
3. I get better rewards from regular PVP.
4. It seems like more people play regular PVP than PVP Draft.
5. PVP Draft games take longer since everyone plays similar teams and it devolves into a 3 min slugfest. Which can be fun, except that if it happens all the time then it’s not fun.
6. Min-max in regular PVP seems slightly less of an issue now - for me at least (maybe it is because I don’t play near 40k anymore). But I dunno.
7. If I lose a game in regular PVP I don’t drop… 50 to 100 places (because the point spread is too thin in PVP Draft).
8. Regular PVP is more casual and less intense, it is easier to play 5 games here and there, whereas PVP Draft can be pretty intense if you are fighting for top points and don’t want to lose points carelessly. There is basically more leeway in regular PVP, whereas in PVP Draft your execution has to be spot on, game after game, if you want to place well.
Anyone with a similar experience?