This is probably going to be my final major post to provide some feedback to the devs (if they wanna hear from an ex-player).
For those that do not know who I am in the game, my game ID is PoseidonDX. I was the commander of [SGB] Survivor Babies from September 2018 to Feb 2019. If you play the game at a high enough level, our name will be somewhat familiar I am sure. We’re strong in bounty, have several OP PVP players (including PVP Brawl) and do well in almost all the team events!! You guys are the BEST and I love ya’ll! Continue to stick together, stay strong and always compete for the best titles guys!
For reasons that my close friends in the game already know, I’ve retired from the game. I am leaving with good thoughts of my friends and the community … but with (I got to be honest) a growing distaste of the direction the game is taking.
Before I go into the feedback, here are some pics of what I am retiring with. I’m leaving it all behind.
Rounded down… it works out to 11k Gold, 66k Heronium, 18 million bucks, 2.5k Universal Frags, combined 4K+ mech bio energy frags, 900+ bounty recharges. And miscellaneous gauntlet, alliance gems, blah blah.
I’ve not even done Min’s simulator for the 1k gold. Maybe I will if I feel like it but… I’ll see how it goes.
Ok so here’s my feedback, I want to keep it short.
I start out by saying that HH is a nice game fundamentally.
The devs are nice people in general but beyond niceness, decisions are what count. I can’t emphasise that enough. You have got to get decisions right.
I hope that the general direction of the game does not continue in its current trajectory which is
- Gold gold gold gold gold for everything
- Pay to Win for the 2 major gameplay modes, namely PVP and Bounty. Honestly I would struggle to see how low spending or freemium players have ANY CHANCE to get near the top for these 2 major aspects of the game, without gold.
- I have no idea why the game makes it disloyal to loyal players who have stuck with the game for a long time, and disloyal to your highest spenders. Here are some examples:
- Long time players who have grinded 10-star heroes or near 10-stars, each update takes away those heronium sources. One by one. It’s now basically luck of the draw whether you’ve happened to grind a 10-star hero as a heronium source which is favoured in the latest update.
- VIP 14/15 players who like me have spent significant amounts of money on the game… getting worse deals than VIP 8s, 10s. Our gold bundles are always worse deals… frags always cost more for us … our “special deals” are always terrible value than lower VIPs.
- You’d think that you’d want to keep your high VIPs with sweet deals in order to keep them super happy and incentivised to spend more but no, the philosophy is quite the opposite - since high VIP players spend more, make them spend more for less stuff. They’ll spend anyway so milk them for their resources.
- You bought Jarek for 1999 gold? And Bucket for USD30? HAHAHA here is Yeager for 2599 Gold! ALSO a 3 Star Hero, and broken on release… this Guardian Angel can’t stay alive to guard anything!
- There are just no loyalty incentives available out there. Instead, players who neglect the game for 14 days, 30 days, you know what they get when they log back in? Yep, a super nice welcome back bundle, lots of free gold, even a Heckler at one point (or so I understand from some friends who play with alts). Instead the guys who log in every day get Kuno/Cast.
- Generally the game lacks value, everything purchasable is too high a cost for too little a product.
- I especially find it so distasteful for worthless things to be bundled into “special bundles” and the price is increased significantly. Like, Gold Batteries?? And, the old Bucks Exchange was bad enough and the new one is even worse? Seriously, work on giving good value instead of padding deals with worthless items to justify a high price.
The message out there seems to be:
1. We don’t care how long you’ve played this game. There are no policies to reward you for your long commitment.
2. We honestly don’t care if you’re 700 days with us since beta, we don’t care if you’ve supported the community, etc. It simply is irrelevant. If you wanna continue playing this game near the top, you better open your wallet big.
3. We don’t care what you spent in the past to support this game. The more you spend the less value you will be getting going forward.
4. We don’t have policies to make it better for low spending or freemium players to get ahead in PVP or bounty if they put in the time, the effort, the grind etc. To excel in bounty you or at least several guys in your alliance have to buy recharges to get your scores up/carry your team. For PVP there is no way a freemium player will clock up 300 wins / 30 million points on 3 hearts per reset without gold and the bounty hero.
These are just a few of the issues that I see, and I am giving feedback purely because I think the game could do with a lot more consideration of its loyal players (who in my opinion are being disloyally treated).
I hope it works out for the guys who continue to be loyal to HH and play the game day in, day out. And who turn up, every alternate weekend, to push bounty to their limits.
I hope HH reckons this group of people who drive the cutting edge of the game and treats them loyally. The community which gives its time, its feedback, and its money to support the game both directly and indirectly.
But for me, I got to be honest and I do not feel loyalty from HH and certainly not with the recent changes. Hence, for me, given the above, there are many more things to spend my time, and money, on which provide a better overall experience.