May 2019 Update Notes (COMING SOON)

I’m good with everything except Yaeger.

Oops I think you broke him. Yeager is heavily reliant on his cooldowns to synergise his plat, this will kill him for sure.

Riposte was annoying, sure, but Honorbound is the issue here.

The changes to Briar, Mandrake, Kobold and Phalanx seem to be in the right direction.

Meh about Sapphyr and Callidus though, the issue isn’t really the duration of their heal block - it’s that they are both too squishy and easily gunned down to be any real use.

7 Likes

So if Sound Barrier doesn’t charge while the shield is active, how are we supposed to stack the shield for his platinum? Do you have plans for changing his platinum?

On a serious note, I’m not sure about Butter, Matador, or Yaeger. Matador is already a big pain to deal with, and Butter puts out more shielding than any other hero already. Sure, Yaeger was a real problem when you were able to keep his shields up, but he was very squishy, meaning that he would melt the moment you put any raw damage on him without his shields.

I’m also not sure Kobold needed that buff. The issue is that she is not very functional if she is not piloted. If she is piloted, she almost always ends up the MVP, and puts out a pretty descent amount of damage and shielding. Perhaps you can consider lowering her corrosive shield damage to 5% to keep that rational.

Let’s be real tho, our boi Elite Rifleman gets no love. I guess he will have to become the Hero Hunters barista and start serving us all coffee.

4 Likes

hey, keep calling him that and he might actually get a buff. Just like Galante, I mean, like Godlante. :smile:
#mememutation

Let’s be real tho, our boi Elite Rifleman gets no love.

My dude, thank you for mentioning this! I thought I was the only one thinking that Rifleman needs a buff or some rework. He and Sentry, in my opinion, are really the only two in the KLG faction that are worth using. I know I say I love Operator but that’s really just a meme. I just feel that Rifleman is okay where he is but he could do way better.

I approve of the approach for rebalancing Yeager to stop the pvp abuse,

But this will have a negative result on players who invested on Yeager to plat which relies on using bronze skill over and over to utilize ideally.

2 Likes

He basically does not have a platinum skill any longer. :upside_down_face:

Not sure about whether this is needed; Butter is straight up one of the best shielders out there. He’s like the Nightingale of shields, right next to Caine.

But speaking of our oldest heroes that have not received love for some time… Anyone remember this guy called Ryker? Apparently not. (apart from getting a skin, Ryker has not received any kind of buff since forever; Butter on the other hand has directly benefited from the past months’ shield meta).

4 Likes

Not a clue…hey wait, it’s that missile dude right?

To be honest I’m not a fan of Ryker,

But it would be nice to see him buffed and will use him again if so. (Last time I used him was 4+ months ago)

TBH, Yeager’s Plat is going to be an issue, this is going to be worked on right away after the update is out to make it work again.

(and also it never actually required the shield to be active to trigger… but it does mean the charges dissipate before you can get another. this will be fixed)

1 Like

I also. What sad. …

yep, it’ll be updated accordingly. The new hero balancing dude totally didn’t realize that this would be an issue. But hey, it’s his first real release doing it so all in all only having 1 issue is a good thing!

4 Likes

Probably be few more that we didnt see if he didnt see an abvious 1…

1 Like

So you fired the guy who nerfed Fortress for no reason? With so many buffs to everyone, Fortress should desperately have that last nerf reversed. How else can you stop certain skills, i.e., Siren, Kurtz, etc

1 Like

I remember @muninn once said we have an extensive QA and support team over here.

Presumably this should mean you ought to have more than a new commer for such a crutial position. Atleast some elder felas should observe his/her output. Right?

A mistake was made, it will be fixed. I wouldn’t worry too much about it anymore.

5 Likes

I am just extremely impressed that the devs came right out and said a mistake was made. Huge respect for that. And, overall, excellent changes.

Only when the situation is undeniable. If given the opportunity they will and have pushed the blame to users. My post on past rewards disappearing within just a few days without providing a timer whatsoever for users to keep track of expiration dates, was instead pinned on my lack of claiming and not by their unprecedented early cancelling of the rewards without any warning whatsoever.

2 Likes