May 2019 Update Notes (COMING SOON)

Hunters!

The May 2019 Update is COMING SOON!

App Store: http://bit.ly/HeroHuntersiOS
Google Play: http://bit.ly/Herohunters

What’s New?

:metal: New Hero

Faction_Morlocks Siren

A rebel with a cause, Siren, the Deadly Songstress fights the KLG on behalf of the Morlocks. With her ability to damage every enemy on the battlefield, this killer DJ can deliver ear-blasting attacks that leave her opponents reaching for ear plugs.

:unlock: New Content & Gameplay Changes

:mexico: Min’s Danger Simulator: Cinco De Mayhem!

Join us for a very special Min’s Danger Simulator event, celebrating Cinco de Mayo! Matador has invited the UAF Heroes to a party. Looks like he wants to party a little too hard, so you’ll need to fight your way through waves of opposition to make it to the man himself!

Complete Wave 50 to earn the exclusive Mariachi Matador skin!

:muscle: Hero Crate Contents

• Yeager will be available in the Hero Crate.

:shopping_cart: PvP Store Updates

• Moss and Bolt will be replacing Anvil and Ghoul in the PvP Store.

:shopping_cart: Gauntlet Store Updates

• Halloway will be replacing Ronin in the Gauntlet Store.

Hero Changes

HeroSquare_Briar Briar

Data and feedback show that Briar was a little underwhelming at launch. Adjustments to her rifle and to Viral Spores will make her more of a contender.

• Clip size increased from 1 to 3 rounds
  • Reload time decreased
  • Recoil lowered
  • Viral Spores now has a 33% chance to apply effect to enemies

Butter Butter

Butter is one of our oldest Heroes, and hasn’t received love in some time. We’re increasing Draw Fire’s active time to give him more utility.

• Draw Fire duration increased from 10 to 12 seconds

Callidus Callidus

Callidus hasn’t seen a lot of PvP use. The current meta favors Healers, so we wanted to make her more useful as a counter to those teams.

• Siphon Heal Block duration increased from 8 to 10 seconds
  • Corruption Heal Block duration increased from 8 to 10 seconds

Castellan_a Castellan

Castellan’s shotgun wasn’t performing as intended. Increased pellet count and reduced spread should alleviate that.

• Shotgun pellet count increased from 12 to 15
  • Shotgun pellet spread tightened to allow for more hits

Galante Galante

Woe to those who challenge his might. Galante’s got the biggest buffs this time around. More bullets, higher fire rate, and more missiles. Many more missiles! Praise Galante!

• Clip size increased from 8 to 14
  • Fire rate increased
  • Joust travel time to target decreased
  • Strafe charges faster
  • Strafe fires 4x more rockets because Galante loves anime (each rocket does 50% damage compared to previous, but with 4x the rockets, it’s still a large boost)
  • Bio text suitably enhanced

Kobold-64x64 Kobold

Data shows that Kobold isn’t being utilized to her full potential. Changes to Chem Shield and Corrosive Shields should improve her viability.

• Corrosive Shields Damage increased by 10%
  • Chem Shield duration increased from 16 to 20 seconds

Mandrake Mandrake

In this current Healer-centric meta, Mandrake’s buffs to other Heroes run a little too wild. We’ve toned him down a bit to make him less of a dominating force.

• Survival Instincts Health regeneration lowered from 50% to 40%

Matador Matador

We’ve increased the effectiveness of Lead the Charge and Rally Cry, which makes Matador a more solid PvP pick than he was.

• Lead the Charge duration increased to 20 seconds
  • Rally Cry cast time sped up
  • Rally Cry cooldown lowered by 3 seconds

Oro Oro

Caber Nuke has received buffs, making it more effective. Hitting the gym did Oro good.

• Caber Nuke deals immediate damage when it hits
  • Caber Nuke travel speed increased
  • Caber Nuke Stun increased to 2 seconds

Phalanx Phalanx

Phalanx struggles in Campaign and PvP. Extra damage reduction on her most-used skills should help her find more success.

• Mag Shield and Team Mag Shield damage reduction increased from 50% to 55%

Pris_a Pris

Pris’ Charmer ability was too easy to counter. Now, she’ll have an easier time getting the skill to activate.

• Charmer trigger time lowered from 6 to 4.5 seconds

Razorback Razorback

With all the shield buffs, we couldn’t leave out Razorback. Not during Morlock Month!

• Taunt’s shield duration increased from 16 to 20 seconds

Ronin Ronin

Riposte is a little too powerful in the current meta. We’ve made adjustments to ensure Ronin is as strong as he should be without being overpowering.

• Riposte shield duration lowered from 12 to 9 seconds
  • Riposte shield strength lowered
  • Riposte reflected Damage lowered from 200% to 125%

Sapphyr Sapphyr

Just like Callidus, Sapphyr has seen adjustments to make her more effective at countering Healers in the current meta.

• Rift Blade Heal Block duration increased from 12 to 15 seconds
  • Mortal Rift Heal Block duration increased from 6 to 8 seconds

HeroSquare_Yeager Yeager

In correcting Yeager’s skills after launch, we overshot the mark. These alterations should keep him competitive, but not abusable.

• Sound Barrier charge time increased from 40 to 50 seconds
  • Skill Charge from bullets reduced from 1.15 to 0.08
  • Sound Barrier does not continue to charge when the shield is already active
7 Likes

Finally

15 Likes

Oh snap, Galante has unleashed his wrath. Mortals beware. :open_mouth:

I actually think Kobold is already a strong force in pvp, I’m surprised she isn’t being used that much.

6 Likes

Why did we buff Galante? He is meant to be a coffee machine not an actual hero to use, Christ if he ends up dominating im gonna be mad lol

5 Likes

“Galante” and “buffed” in the same context…?

We are doomed. The false god has won.

7 Likes

Calm down on ronin. Honorbound isn’t changed. He’ll still do decent damage

5 Likes

More like the “Dogface” nerf. Haha

Great update guys! I’m still anticipating a much needed Phalanx skin update but well done.

moss-brilliant
Moss approves!

3 Likes

But… Main issue with Ronin it’s a his platinum skill. For example in most battle his shield almost not nedeed. And now, when Matador and Butter have more strong shields, this make nerf of his first skill totally senseless.

Cut the Ronin health or don’t give him damage buffs for tank heroes.

1 Like

I am glad that Galante got a buff. Makes me relieved that getting him to gold aint a mistake

1 Like

Looks good, except for the Ronin part.

Briar got some much-needed buffs, as well as Galante lol. Matador is gonna be even more of a pain, I thought it was bad enough already. Phalanx buff should be interesting. I also liked the added descriptions, especially the official acceptance of Galante as a god meme.

Ronin’s main issue is Honorbound’s attack damage boost, not Riposte. I do think Riposte is annoying, but because of its fast cooldown. Once one shield is done, another one can pop up in 5 seconds or less.

Edit: NO SKINS???

Thoughts on the May 2019 Update:

• They’re buffing Giraffe Girl! Sweet! She is my favorite new hero btw.
    -Halloway in the Gauntlet store? Awesome!
    -Ronin being nerfed and Gallante being buffed? This better not be a joke, or maybe the world is gonna end soon…

I really want whatever the Devs were smoking when they decided Butter needed a buff but Yeager needed to be nuked from orbit.

Yeager nerf reminds me of how they destroyed Fortress a few months ago for no reason. Like seriously, Sound barrier gets 20% longer for its base cooldown, its charge appears to be reduced over 90%, and now it doesn’t even charge while its active.

I mean, god damn, both of Yeagers passives are dependent on Sound Barrier. Mach 10 seems like it will be unusable now. I dont even use Yeager for PvP but my jaw dropped to see the devs destroy him out of nowhere and then believing that this will ‘keep him competitive’. What.

9 Likes

@Muninn what about skins ?

2 Likes

Father Galante: “Your skins are forgiven”

3 Likes

Considering how Yeager’s Mach 10 Plat lowers almost IMMEDIATELY and very quickly without an active Sound Barrier, if you aren’t able to charge Sound Barrier when it is active then that makes his Plat absolutely useless as you wouldn’t be able to build it up at all.

Butter’s edge over Kobold was his longer and larger shields and his weakness was that he couldnt shield himself and allies in one skill. Now Kobold matches his duration and also provides team passive team healing while shielded (surpassing Butter’s Gold of only self-healing) while having a bronze that surpasses both his Bronze and Silver but with slightly lower shield levels. Butter is getting made redundant or Kobold is just getting OP imo.

Pris’ Charmer’s usefulness was locking down the enemy and not particularly the damage dealt so this change is really doube-edged.

Matador is already doing his job well as a shielder/healer. He did not need a buff at all.

Umm… won’t Yeager’s change make his platinum litteraly unusable?

Also, all hail Godlante!

1 Like

Bye Yeager, it was a pleasure to troll in PVP with you.

maybe they’ll buff him again next update. This nerf might just for the satisfaction of all those teams who were soloed by this guy