Is war becoming P2W?

It’s definitely not pay to win in the traditional sense. You can still do relatively well, you just have to spend a lot more more time or have a lot more skill than others.

With that being said, paying gives you a HUGE advantage. Just look at PVP. You pretty much are guaranteed a hero that nets you 30x points right away, you have a bigger roster of maxed heroes to build teams with, and you get an extra heart (25% more lives) on all your heroes. You also get more resets if paying gold.

I’m fine with paying to get benefits like this. Obviously if you pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars you should have a noticeable advantage. My problem is in Alliance Wars there is really no way to beat a team that has a couple high level ruby players. You can’t devote more time or be more skilled. Sure you can co-ordinate with your team better, but as I said, if the other team has ruby players they are most likely pretty co-ordinated themselves and then it comes down to numbers. Having to use 20+ BP to chip away and kill one 150k ruby team is going to mean you lose to that alliance every time.

3 Likes

War is war, some will gun hard for level 95, most wont. It’s a game. I can’t believe all the whining. Some teams will have level 95s and do a little better, but others without 95s and good activity will still do well. Some players have great jobs and spend money on their HOBBY, this game. It is what it is. Enjoy the game and have fun.

1 Like

Whining? It’s nearly impossible to beat a 145k team with a 125-128k team and take the sector

That doesn’t really seem possible when you have an alliance with many players of various levels and power. I’m not leaving my alliance now just because I have Ruby heros and no one else in my alliance does.

Well my team is ranked 6th in expert and we are only 19m, I think we should all just grind the game harder if you want the advantage.

Necro’ing a necro.

That’s new tech.

3 Likes

Honestly i don’t know what this post is about, play or don’t play. Simple as that, even tho if you don’t spend money you can still progress

This is an old thread that was made to bring about a conversation with top war players and their opinion on the state of war back then. Things have changed since and I still believe war to be P2W but extreme has made it way more accessible to normal players grinding out 60/70xp missions

2 Likes