Everything Wrong with PVP

Well if you read my post I did acknowledged I have an advantage for playing for so long so I don’t see why you brought it up.

I prefer to see the buffs of the other dps heroes before seeing a nerf on Dogface, because it might not be needed and it would suck for him to become the new Gammond.

1 Like

While I know these heroes where over powered when they were released I don’t see how they are an extra advantage of vip. They weren’t locked behind a crate like Oracle was, so it would only take you about a week for you to unlock them through raids. And that’s not counting if you were willing to spend a bit of gold on resting the raid once per day.

Because you brought up you were VIP 1 compared to my VIP 5 and weren’t having issues. Of course you aren’t having issue when you have had a HUGE jump start on myself and other newer players. Playing for twice as long has allowed you to get over 15 heroes that are 10*. That means you are getting WAY more heronium each day, and in turn able to level up any new heroes that much quicker. In a couple months when I get Matador, Gammond, Mandrake, Maven, and Dogface all to 10* I will be able to pump 60 elemental frags a day into any new hero that comes along.

I don’t think that would happen if they exercised caution. I was suggesting a nerf to his clip size and bring it down to 2 more. The same as he got last time… except he also got a skin that gave him +1% crit, +5% dmg, and +2% armor so it was kind of a wash.

You get a Gauntlet reset at VIP 10. That’s an extra 15-20 frags a day from heronium. You get more health and resets in PVP as well. Those are the major advantages. There are also a bunch of minor ones that help level up heroes faster.

I know this but what I was trying to ask is how Panser and Ifrit are anymore pay to win than other heroes. They are OP but as I said before they aren’t lock buy a crate you can get them for FREE in raids . Because from what I understand from this:

Is that you think they give vip players another advantage than they already have.

They get those heroes faster. You have more momentum if you are a higher VIP and/or have played longer. The Gauntlet reset alone gives an extra 15-20 fragments a day. In a month, that is 1000 fragments just from the Gauntlet vs 500. That’s the difference between 8 and 9*.

So if both a 0 VIP and 10 VIP get 10 frags a day from the co-op raid, they will have the new hero of the month in roughly 8 days (to account for the first few days not giving the max 5 frags). Then they get 10 more frags a day, for the remaining 22 days (220 frags). Then add in 500 from Gauntlet for a 0 VIP player and they are at a total of 720 frags. That will take their unlocked 3* hero up to 7* and a little less than halfway in (40 frags to get to 4*, 65 to get to 5*, 180 to get 6*, 240 for 7*, and 360 for 8*). The same 10* VIP will be at 8* and almost half way through it.

Again though, that is ONLY from Gauntlet resets. Then add in an extra 25% lives in PVP, which should equate to 25% more PVP gems and you can start to see how things add up. They also get a bunch of other resets.

Okey I now see what your saying but I don’t think it’s totally unfair if you have spent 150+$ on a game you should have an advantage and it’s only one star when you get to the late game one star dosen’t make or brake your team. It’s all about team comp and the rest of the heroes skills, metal and stars.

Also I think your logic about 25% more lives would equal 25% more gems is flawed. As you said before you don’t always use up all your lives per reset and I can assure you, you’re not the only one doing that. The pvp resets arn’t for free so you can’t really be upset about that.

Right, and I have no issue with paying players getting advantages. They definitely should. It just makes it really rough when they get those advantages on top of having an easier time leveling up OP heroes of the month.

Also, it’s a star and a half, not a star. It will take a 0 VIP another 165 fragments to get to 8*. Meanwhile the VIP 10+ is already 8* with 335 fragments in. That means they have 1345 fragments to go to max out at 10*, while the VIP 0 still has 1845. It’s going to take the VIP 0 another 3 and a half months to get 10* once the co-op raids end if they just sink Gauntlet gems into them. It’s only going to take the VIP 10 another month and a half.

As for the PVP lives, it’s still a big advantage. I don’t use up all my lives every time, but sometimes I do. An extra life guarantees an extra match with each of your best heroes, and maybe even several matches depending on if you win/lose. 10 heroes all having an extra life can result in a lot of extra PVP gems, which in turn means more hero fragments. Notice most, if not all the top players in PVP are rank VIP 10?

Combined with Gauntlet and other aspects of the game, all these seemingly small advantages start to really add up. More PVP gems, bigger PVP rewards, more Gauntlet resets/gems, etc. Of course all of this depends on how much you play, but I would guess a VIP 0 playing a few hours a day vs a VIP 10 is the difference in at least a few thousand fragments a month. Gauntlet alone is a 500 difference.

I forgot about it but HH have actually done something so you can’t gain an overly huge advantage. With the heronium store you can only get 60 of each type of frag per day so I wouldn’t say being +10 vip gives players a to big of an advantage for the amount of money they have spent.

Why didn’t you kill Nightingale right away?

To be fair, if plat Nightingale just rolls around, she is a bitch to kill

1 Like

The current PvP took another victim, one of my irl friends and great officer’s stopped and uninstalled the game :cry:

Psh he had an Ifrit! She would’ve been slow as molasses!

@Kraterios
Sad to hear that. We’ve lost some good people that couldn’t stand the current pvp as well. The broken system is seriously damaging the community. Look at the change in tone on the forums. Almost everyone is bitter and angry. Those gaining the system are defending the current meta, and those getting rolled under the wheels are becoming more hostile and vocal. I know personally that I have been bitter and overly critical on the forums lately. People have time and money invested in the game. It used to be seriously fun. Now it’s not. I’m just holding out a little longer, hoping that it will be fun again soon.

Yeah I lost around 5+ players the last 2 months, guys that have been with us for 200~ days

is true in my alliance and almost half is no longer connected when I speak with them are the same problem the minimum / maximum in general, I am also being patient with the arrangement and I hope to return to how this game was at the beginning … At the end , only take into account the comments of veteran players if I do not think I’ll also have to uninstall the game.

I think Panzer is on the slightly OP level? Her bronze was adjusted better, but her damage to clip size ratio is insane.

As a chesterfield fan, Panzer just plain ruined the shotgun high damage for lower clip size dynamics in the game.

It’s so sad how we’re making characters with personality fade into the oblivion because of poorly balanced newer toons.

It’s sad because people still can’t figure out why they’re losing so they basically blame the first thing they see in the post-game.

Exarch lost because he ran 2 big DPS but didn’t have any way to reliably get them to focus on the same hero. He says “Yea I focused Nightingale” but the “Damage Taken” bars tell the real story, everyone except Ifrit took around 1 million damage each. If your team perfectly splits its DPS like that then Nightingale is in HEAVEN because her (skinned) Bronze and Plat are the absolute best when the enemy team is spreading its DPS out evenly.

Exarch’s opponent also ran 3 markers, which ensures that his team would almost constantly be focusing fire and punching through the pathetic amount of healing that Exarch brought to the table.

I explained why you shouldn’t run multiple DPS in my post about AI being garbage and this is exactly why. YOU may have chosen a decent strategy for winning but your bots definitely didn’t, they did their own thing, picked crappy targets, and you lost. There are real problems with PVP but its frustrating when so many people miss the point.

1 Like

@Sogui, why do you comment? We all destroy you at a decent lvl, but we can’t because you min max, I hate saying min max, but that’s you, I see your name, your useless contribution, I think/know min max stuff needs to be said, hate to say that sentence again, but somehow it’s needed.

Stay away from this post please before you make people get this one locked, you did enough.

I changed it, Tell me what I need to change more, I don’t want to get this banned

2 Likes

While I agree with the general sentiment here, I think this particular post of his was actually quite well-reasoned and logical. It wasn’t inflammatory nor was it off-topic. It contributed positively toward the discussion in a way that was constructive. So I think you’re being a bit harsh here personally.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. While I dislike Sogui’s system abuse, it doesn’t make his opinion automatically invalid. And his arguments are on point. The fact that every enemy hero got so hurt means that Gale is going to be top healer, most likely.

I get it. We are frustrated with the current state of the game. And people who openly abuse the system are not helping to make us feel better. But Sogui isn’t entirely at fault. As long as the game allows things like this, without heavy penalty, is obvious that someone is going to take advantage