Draft pvp thoughts

It’s not just people playing safe though is it? People are playing to win and find the best team loadout for that purpose.

If I start with a meta team and got beaten by someone who played a better team composition, the least I would do is try out the new team comp that i got defeated by. If i found it to be more advantageous, I’d use that lineup instead. No one in the top 100 or 200 is so inflexible as to pass up a winning advantage by sticking to a meta team which has a lower success rate than a newly discovered combo.

The trouble is when there is nothing better than Panzer Night Drake +2 right now in PVP Draft Brawl.

yes I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one.

so many people keep complaining that the only viable DPS are Panzer and Dogface… but I’ve had enourmous success with using: Clyde, Odachi, Phoenix, Ghoul, (new) Sapphyr and a few others. Or different team combos to get lots of damage (at Plat: Mauler + Halo + Oracle regularily delete the enemy Ifrit and possibly even Odachi if they have him, within the first 15 seconds, before legendary Nightingale has a chance to actually get her heal off fully, without me even having to worry about shooting Ifrit), I just focus my Mauler on someone like Panzer/Dogface/Nightingale/Odachi/Flatline… laugh as Ifrit explodes, and my target gets disoriented and DoT damaged to death shortly after.

It is a riskier comp yes, because less tank potential, but if you survive the opening 10-15 seconds, it just wrecks.

Part of this though is not everyone can use all these heroes at plat. When they hear Panzer/Dogface are the best dps heroes, they focus on making them as strong as possible. That’s perfectly okay to, but it doesn’t allow the player to experiment with other heroes to try and counter them at that same power level. Hopefully this will change once more and more people start getting some of the “unpopular” heroes to the same level as some of the meta ones.