Any tips or tricks to beat gold Mandrake?

In PvP I always get wrecked if my opponent bring gold Mandrake with 1 or 2 healer in their team, if I attack Mandrake first, their healer will healing Mandrake at full health with no time, if I attack healer first Mandrake will make him or her invisible, rendering my special attack useless because special attack cannot target invisible enemy, what should I do with this situation? Any tips from the pro player to make newbie player like me better at fighting gold Mandrake? Should Mandrake getting Nerf like he only make 1 or 2 people invisible? I wanna know, thank you.

Well as a long time player my advice might not suit you but here is my take: get your own Mandrake to gold to shield your own heroes (pvp is all about keeping your high damage heroes alive), then get an powerful energy hero that you control during the fight and target Mandrake till you kill him.

If this doesnā€™t work feel free to hit me up in game (same name as here) as Iā€™m not really active here (finally made an account :joy:)

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the help, before update I always underestimate Mandrake, but after March update people more likely to bring Mandrake rather than Savage because that Nerf obviously :thinking: :sweat_smile:

Itā€™s not terribly hard to see heros when they are invisible, especially if they are not being used controlled and donā€™t move one the mandrake passive activates on them. Iā€™ve found high weapon damage heros work great against him because they are able to out damage the healing and still kill the target while they are invisible. I say high damage because your AI will not target or use abilities on them, itā€™s usually up to you to focus fire when they are low health.

The ā€œdownsideā€ of his passive is the AI aspect, it seems they only target visible heros so if you knock 2-3 to that threshold, it narrows down the targets your AI shoot at, making mandrake their focus. While they focus the mandrake you can focus on the healers that may/maynot be invisible with high weapon damage that counters that heros type.

An example, gammond is a very popular healer and can get really annoying when paired with mandrake if he is left to heal while invisible. Using my dogface, one full clip takes him just below or before mandrakes passive on him (depending on star and rank it varies but thatā€™s usually what I experience at my power level). When I have to reload, I make sure to watch his outline to see if he moves or notā€¦I know I have enough damage with dogface to be able to kill him that next round so I just focus him while he is invisible. That makes the fight almost 5 v 4 as I take the focus away from gammond from my team and allow them to focus everyone else. I continue this with every energy hero on the team(as that type allows me to do more damage to it) and if Iā€™m lucky it will be like a 5v3 with all my heros abilities coming up.

Thatā€™s just me and how my teamcomp runs, but itā€™s the same general idea. Focus high damage on the same target even after they go invisible.

3 Likes

Donā€™t autoplay and just use your heroes to shoot at the silhouettes

This is basically what I do when I play. I hit whatever energy hero(high dmg first) they have with my Dogface and kill them then I go for the next energy hero or healer. Here is an example

1 Like

B-but I donā€™t have autoplay because Iā€™m not VIP, just regular people play this game, and Iā€™m not from Rich people, sorry :sweat_smile:

hmmm, didnt know autoplay was only a VIP featureā€¦ Regardless, all it takes is $1 to become VIPā€¦

1 Like

But how about Mandrake controlled by player? He know if he use Mandrake second ability and move right and left constantly he cannot be targeted by special attack, which make me insane and what I should kill first before my entire team get murdered instantly? :sweat_smile::joy:

Hey up @Justice95, find some immense tips on Mandrake from yours truly here:

1 Like

Thank you very much! :grin:

mark the hero you want to kill
that way they cant turn invisable

best way is to simply not die

Necro thread.

This is why we need forum moderators.

2 Likes

@Joseph_Yau Please donā€™t reply on threads that have been dead for a long time. This thread was silent for almost a year old; just let it die in peace.

You need mandrake Savage
Also sentrys a good counter I find aimed shot
To be well fuk yo poisons lol
Savage can target invis ppl I belive