Anniversary Update Sneak Peek 2: EXTREME Mode

2 Likes

With ā€œfully upgradedā€ you mean 10 stars 5 plat bars?

The power creep shown in perfection.

Bingo, bango. Especially in this war. Whatā€™s the point of 1v1v1v1v1v1 when it really becomes 3v1v1v1? It makes all players feel especially hopeless and frustrated. Especially when it seems as though nothing is being done, or a blind eye is being turned. Truces are fine. Itā€™s a part of the game. But a truce is between 1 team and another. When it comes to getting an alt to give away all their territories to secure a first place win (see current season) and asking another ā€œalliedā€ team to cut off everyone else even at the price of coming in dead last of a war, it really alienates the vast majority of players from the game.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying and sharing how that makes you feel. Iā€™ll pass this along to the rest of the team, along with the other feedback people have been providing, as always.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a good start. Sadly, it will keep happening in game (and people will continue to think you donā€™t care) unless you make an announcement about it. That would go the furthest to reassuring your players that you are in fact listening!

Thatā€™s a big ask. Iā€™m not able to make a statement on behalf of the entire company in regards to emergent player behavior. Plus, the answer you want is binary: if I say ā€œyes, this is bad,ā€ then by association, we MUST punish these players for being better organized in advance, which leads to witch hunts where all you have to do is say ā€œthese two Alliances are the sameā€ and we have to take action against them. If not, weā€™re not being fair. If I say ā€œno, itā€™s not bad,ā€ then youā€™ll interpret it as ā€œyou condone ā€˜cheatingā€™ā€ and all hell breaks loose.

See the handcuffs?

What I can offer is a more nuanced response: weā€™re aware of this behavior, and weā€™re monitoring it and discussing it, but I canā€™t make a moral judgment it, and I canā€™t promise anything other than weā€™ll continue to field feedback from both camps and ultimately do whatā€™s best for the community at large. That may not align with what you think is best, potentially. Itā€™s hard to say.

Itā€™s up to you to decide if that constitutes ā€œlisteningā€ or not. Often, people conflate ā€œlisteningā€ with ā€œdoing exactly what I want,ā€ which can quickly turn into an abusive behavior.

Iā€™m listening to you. Itā€™s up to you to believe that or not. Either way, we keep doing our jobs and working hard to provide the best experience we can for our players.

7 Likes

Iā€™m quitting if need to spend even more money to keep up with the game.

No one makes you spend money. Iā€™m vip 7 barely spent anything and am in the mythic league and have a top 5 of over 120k. Itā€™s time not just money that gets you ahead in this game

2 Likes

I can also agree with @Anthony_Cheung statement. We are top scorers consistently every war and towards the end of War 2 the alliance in #1 and #2 suddently gained 10k and 21k points on top of us. Alliances giving away land to keep people in first is a massive problem. Tubesteaks play hard and we always score high but we never rank first because of problems like this, we play legit and get cut down.

1 Like

In the case of #1 and #2 in current season: everyone knows one of the teams do it. Itā€™s blatant in respect to how their names are all quasi copies of each other. In the other case, everyone does it because they hate the other one and would rather ANYONE win than them. @Gale

I totally hear you. Youā€™re in a bind. And I absolutely appreciate that youā€™re listening, donā€™t get me wrong. And maybe Iā€™m not looking for a binary answer, but I am asking for devs and mods to understand what it takes to be win Alliance Wars. Vrij assimilates all other alliances because they bully them with all their sister alliances. SOD was only able to win because all their enemies they ran into hate Vrij so much that they would rather anyone win but them. When this is happening, how much fun is alliance wars, really?
If you put out a survey on if people enjoyed war (mandatory in game or something like that) Iā€™m willing to bet everyone hates it.

5 Likes

War was good at first, but now its just lame.

2 Likes

When you get to a certain level, people will do whatever it takes to win, even if it includes exploiting a loophole. It may suck, sure, but thatā€™s what happens at that level of dedication. Donā€™t forget that alliances will get a bad rep if they cheese the system, affecting truces against them.

Either way, the issue of Alliance Wars should probably be continued on a different (pre-existing) thread.

1 Like

Random 3v3 would be awesome

1 Like

Better yet, make the teams anonymous (donā€™t show alliance names) and remove war chat so people canā€™t post messages to see if their allies are on the same map. Also, make the colors show up differently on each alliances, so one canā€™t say, weā€™re purple, or other identifier. Rotate the map for each alliance so no matter where on the map you are, it shows you at the bottom. All this would make it very difficult to figure out who is on your map and where they are positioned. Only show who was on your map once the war is over. Would be fun to see that you spent all the war screwing over your sister alliance.

5 Likes

Alliance wars is just another useless game mode in this game and not worth putting any effort. Even when you do well there is those two bottom alliance that they see is over for them and they just surprise attack to cut supply line and you lose the spot from the points. Surprise attack is just as stupid and silly as this game is in general. On the first war not many have the new hero and the new hero at 10* gives x3 bonus points. Another pay to win game mode.

1 Like

Generally true. Except for Alliance wars. Where itā€™s completely p2w. coughs sneak attacks coughs Infiltrator aka instant sabotage.

None of that is money either. All it is, is war coins and I have thousands of gear I could sell to get the coins

1 Like

I respect this answer alot Muninn!

By the way while I am looking forward to level 100, I hope that skill upgrading costs will be readjusted, otherwise we may end up with a ton of players who canā€™t level up a decent number of their heroes up to match their player level.

Right now we have 85 heroes, and we need to jump each hero from skill 90 to skill 100, x4 skills per hero, then x85 heroesā€¦ it looks like it might cost alot of Bucks. Hope this has been taken into account in the planning.

2 Likes