This War we have 6 alliances fighting over 12 tiles in the middle (the centre 6 ring and each of the 2-star sectors at the tip of each alliance base).
Then each alliance has 4 sectors on each of their flanks which go back and forth.
All other tiles are defended with immense 100%/105% bonuses which make it impossible to penetrate past. Only sheer neglect and ineptitude in defending will allow a bonused sector to be taken by the opponent.
There is not alot of activity given the way shields work. Invariably, when shields come down you expect that sector to be attacked by the next guy (simply because, there is no where else to go).
So the same tiles get attacked and defended and shielded and recaptured. RInse and repeat for 6 days. It is very stale.
Some suggestions for the next War:
(1) If devs want to keep the Improvements (but it is only a matter of short time before everyone runs out of greens/bronzes and people have to pay 20,000 War Coins = 20,000 GOLD per plat Improvement), then a bigger map needs to be released.
(2) Not only a bigger map, but one with a dense centre and no chokepoints - like, 30-40 tiles in the centre in a huge ball or 30-40 tiles split into 3 wide seams; this will make it much more dynamic because it creates alot of strategies and paths for supply cuts and 2-star sector access.
(3) Alternatively, debuff base bonuses by, like, 75%.
(4) Floating central 2-star/1-star sectors will also make it more dynamic. For example, central 2 star sectors that change every 48 hours so that we don’t take and retake the same tiles over and over again; instead we need to forge and secure a new path for 2-star acquisition every 48 hours. (of course make the starred sectors float symmetrically so that no alliance is penalised by unequal distance).
(5) Reduce War Coin cost. Really, this is a big concern. The materials cost and the gold cost is ridiculous. My strong suggestion is… lower this before people like, get really, really upset. Right now it doesn’t cost anything because we are using unwanted gear to fund [the yucky] Improvements but when the gravy train runs out, it is gonna make people VERY upset when the pain comes.
Just some feedback.