While the overall response to the first two seasons of Alliance Wars has been very positive, we have more improvements in store. Let’s look at some additional features coming to Wars in Season 3!
Improvements are special bonuses you can purchase for your Alliance to help gain an advantage. They come in three flavors: Offensive, Defensive, and Intel.
- [Bronze] - Fighting Chance: Failed Attacks have a 25% chance to remove one Hero from the enemy’s Defenders
- [Silver] - Risk = Reward: Capturing an enemy Zone with less than a 75% chance of success grants 3x War Coins and Alliance Gems
- [Gold] - Attack Boost: All of your Alliance’s Attacks have a 10% higher chance of success
- [Platinum] - Surprise Attack: Enables the ability for your Alliance to Attack a scouted Sector (cannot be used to Sabotage enemy Improvements)
- [Bronze] - HQ Defense Boost: Your Alliance’s defensive proximity bonuses are all increased by 5%
- [Silver] - Recapture Shield: Regaining full control of a Sector activates a 30min shield
- [Gold] - Defense Boost: Featured Heroes reduce any enemy Attack’s chance of success by 10%
- [Platinum] - Reinforcements: Enables adding/editing of Defenders in Sectors that are cut-off from the Supply-Line
- [Bronze] - Improve Scouting: Increases range of vision from scouted Sectors by an additional Sector
- [Silver] - Longer Scouting: Increase Scouting duration to 4h
- [Gold] - Build Faster: Improvement build time is reduced by 50%
- [Platinum] - Extended Vision: Increases range of vision from your territory by an additional Sector
How to Use Improvements
When you begin a War, all Improvements are locked. You’ll need to unlock them to take advantage of them. Only six can be active at any given time, and must be built on the Sectors adjacent to your HQ. They take some time to build, so plan accordingly!
Once you’ve unlocked an Improvement, you can replace an existing Improvement with it at no extra cost. This allows you to swap out Improvements to adapt to the changing battlefield. Improvements last until the end of a War, and must be unlocked again to be used in the next War.
Listen All Y’all, It’s Sabotage!
Oh, and if you manage to make it to the Sectors near your enemy’s HQ, you can spend Battle Points to Sabotage their improvements, denying them access to those bonuses!
So, Improvements sound great. But how will you pay for them?
War! Coins! What are they good for? Buying Improvements!
Every time you capture enemy Zones, you’ll receive War Coins. Your personal stash of War Coins can be used to purchase Improvements.
Can I Use Gear Items To Get More War Coins?
What an oddly specific question to ask! Yes, you can also convert any unwanted Gear items (not Gear Fragments, but whole Gear items) into War Coins!
Any unspent War Coins carry over to the next War, so you can maintain a balance to get a head start next time!
We feel that the addition of Improvements will add further depth and excitement to what’s become one of our most popular game modes. Let us know in the comments what you think of this new strategic layer!
Edit: But Wait, There’s More!
We’re also going to be increasing the reward value for Season 3! Players should see higher reward payouts at each rank.
We’ll also be adjusting the cost of Scouting, as certain Improvements make Scouting a game-changing feature. To keep it powerful, the cost of Scouting will increase.
Proximity Bonuses have increased as well! Enjoy increased defense bonuses when near your HQ!