A Word on Exploits

Hunters,

The team at Hothead Games is dedicated to providing thrilling game experiences, with competitive modes that encourage players to give it their all in order to achieve victory. We work hard to maintain the integrity of these modes, though from time to time, certain exploits may be discovered.

We take reports of this nature very seriously, and we want you to rest assured, knowing that we are doing our best to address these issues if and when they arise. You might not see the results of these investigations explicitly, and we won’t make the results of those investigations public. It may take us some time to properly explore any potential holes, fill them, and take appropriate action against any players who may have damaged the experience for other users. But over time, you’ll see the results in the form of a community forged from fair play and intense competition.

How you can help us

• Report Through Player Support - If you want to provide info about a potential exploit, you can provide a quick report explaining who you think might be at fault, and why, through the Support feature in your profile.

• Stick to Facts - Make sure to stick to facts, and not hearsay or rumors.

• Remain Patient - Please note that while the Player Support team will take your report and conduct an investigation, they won’t be able to disclose any results or penalties that may have taken place. Also note that these investigations take time; just as we wouldn’t instantly ban you on a single person’s word, we won’t penalize any player until a thorough, fair investigation has been conducted.

Avoid Doing the Following

We ask that you keep any reports to the Support desk, and avoid the following:

• Avoid Witch Hunts - This includes public accusations, either on the Forums or through in-game Chat functions.

• Avoid Mass Reports - This includes gathering Alliance members and friends to send in multiple reports against a player in order to coax more immediate action.

• Avoid Repeat Reports - This includes re-submitting the same report, either to coax more immediate action, or in protest to a resolution.

In Conclusion

We’re asking you, as a community, to trust us, and allow us to do the work we need to do in order to provide you the best competitive experience we can. We’re always on the lookout for anything that threatens this, but remember: this is a community-focused game. Before you start examining and inspecting your peers and rivals, trying to find evidence of wrongdoing, remember that false reports and public accusations can do a lot of harm, and keep us from other improvements that we may have planned for the game.

Thanks for your understanding!

6 Likes

Much appreciated. My experience in PVP has greatly improved since you guys started dealing with exploiters.

Not gonna lie, I exploited a while back. Specifically, the exploit that allowed you to reset energy.

I stopped. Of course, that gave me an advantage in the game, but I also dropped more than $300 into this game, whether it be special deals (such as new heroes), or the 1000 - 2600 Gold packs. I was just permanently banned sometime today (20/3/18). I have a ballsy and idiotic question to ask. May I have a refund? It may be unreasonable, but I figure I’d try. I have the receipts from all purchases in my email and will wait for a reply.

(tbh I expect a reason like," it is your fault for exploiting so we will keep your shit". Please don’t be like that lol)

1 Like

Same here, but I spent around 600 euros and I used it just 1 day before u fixed it just for curiosity. It’s surely an immoral thing even to try these exploits, but how could be an error in your work a reason to be punished like that? Now after the ban I expect at least a refund of my in-app purchases as well and if you don’t I’ll simply block payments from my debit cards. I suggest to everybody that can and are in the same situation to do that. They can’t take our money for something we can’t use anymore because their mistakes.

3 Likes

And justt to be clear, this is an esxtract of your rules taken by your Terms of Agreement:

RESTRICTIONS

Except as expressly authorized herein, you agree to the following restrictions:
You may not use, copy, modify, translate, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, reproduce, or transfer the right to use the Hothead Service except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
You may not distribute, sell, resell, sublicense, rent, lease, share, or lend any portion of the Hothead Service.
You may not reverse engineer, reverse compile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of any portion of the Hothead Service.
You agree that you shall only use the Hothead Service in a manner that complies with all applicable laws in the jurisdiction in which you use the Hothead Service, including, but not limited to, applicable restrictions concerning privacy, copyright and other intellectual property rights.
You agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise send or transmit any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, usurp, modify or limit the functionality of the Hothead Service or any computer software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or other equipment or devices associated with the Hothead Service. You also agree not to interfere with the servers, networks or other devices or equipment connected to or used in connection with the Hothead Service or to violate any of the procedures, policies or regulations of such networks, devices or equipment, or of any service providers associated with or connected to the Hothead Service.
You agree not to modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Hothead Service or Content, except as expressly authorized by Hothead.
You agree not to use any robot, spider, internet search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Hothead Service or any Content without our express permission.
You agree not to take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Hothead’s technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the Hothead Service.

Where does it says we did something illegal? Nobody here used a bot or an external program I guess. You just did an illicit, that’s all.

2 Likes

RESTRICTIONS

Except as expressly authorized herein, you agree to the following restrictions:
You may not use, copy, modify, translate, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, reproduce, or transfer the right to use the Hothead Service except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
You may not distribute, sell, resell, sublicense, rent, lease, share, or lend any portion of the Hothead Service.
You may not reverse engineer, reverse compile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of any portion of the Hothead Service.
You agree that you shall only use the Hothead Service in a manner that complies with all applicable laws in the jurisdiction in which you use the Hothead Service, including, but not limited to, applicable restrictions concerning privacy, copyright and other intellectual property rights.
You agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise send or transmit any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, usurp, modify or limit the functionality of the Hothead Service or any computer software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or other equipment or devices associated with the Hothead Service. You also agree not to interfere with the servers, networks or other devices or equipment connected to or used in connection with the Hothead Service or to violate any of the procedures, policies or regulations of such networks, devices or equipment, or of any service providers associated with or connected to the Hothead Service.
You agree not to modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Hothead Service or Content, except as expressly authorized by Hothead.
You agree not to use any robot, spider, internet search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Hothead Service or any Content without our express permission.
You agree not to take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Hothead’s technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the Hothead Service.

As said before i did nothing illegal and spent a lot of money in your game. So, i ask the refund of every euros without exception before law pursuit. Account name : Leezor. account mail : snowfeaver@gmail.com

Thanks

1 Like

I need a real explanation why I’m banned after all the time and money I spent. If it’s because of that reset energy then say it but I spent way to much money and time to be banned over resetting energy.

Dear Hothead,
I’ve been permanented banned due to exploits of the game. I’ve used around 200$, and wish a refund since I haven’t broken your terms of use. It says nowhere that I did something illegal, by using the exploit of free energy. It was a flaw in your system, and in terms of use I’d like a full refund.
Account: popcornforyou
E-mail: Christian_dahl@live.dk

1 Like

You choose the wrong side because what you don’t understand (sorry for you) is that they broke the terms. That’s why we will be refund, or this app will be removed from google play. Have a nice day

1 Like

Those who used the exploit broke the terms set out by HH, in essence you stole from them… the terms talking about exploiting them!

Gabe

3 Likes

Salty cheaters. Feels good to see this going through! Thank you HH for helping keep a stable game at such a high rate.

3 Likes

I’m not salty I’m receiving a total refund because my credit card service can block last payments :slight_smile: . It’s a shame because I posted the rules and guidelines and that glitch was not something illegal as I said, but an error in their code, so not an user’s fault. I’m not arguing if using these kind of exploits are immoral or not, but you can’t ban an user who didn’t break your tos,who didn’t nothing to break the game, after spent that amount of money and with this delay. In my case I used this glitch once, I spent more then 600 euros and my team in pvp had 26k power , so I didn’t spoil anybody’s game. Now after I’ll receive my money back I’ll surely open a report to google store.

Sure make them boot the game so everybody else looses time and money, nobody forced you to exploit the game, wich in my opinion should never be a “legal” thing no matter what theor tos says.

Also assuming your logic: every vip players therefor put money in the game so they shouldnt get kicked and be allowed to exploit?

2 Likes

You know you are wrong right? Have you ever signed a contract? that’s what you always do when u start a game or, how now they called in the app store , a “service”. I tried this exploit after reading rules and guideline and after seeing that it was allowed I just tried once before it was fixed.

Restrictions
…
6. You agree not to modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Hothead Service or Content, except as expressly authorized by Hothead. Cheaters in the game

3 Likes

I think you meant “after assuming that it was allowed”
Does it matter if you cheat once or 1000x?

1 Like

banned

3 Likes

you can read everything you want : changing your damn clock on phone is not considered as hack or cheat that’s all. It’s a mistake devs made and they put everything on the people who gave them the most part of support. I m going to get my money back and put it everywhere else but not for them.

True not a hack or a cheat to change what time it is, but im pretty sure they had something about using electronical devices to exploit…

And good for you if you get your money back, i wouldnt want to lose well earned money either

2 Likes