A species known as Vigilum Malum has become more prominent in recent years. This creature, oftentimes referred to as Gammond, is a singular cellular organism that inhabits the planet of Gammite and its moon Gamm.
This species is very big, though I have not been able to get height or weight measurements for it. However, this very chunky nature makes them very difficult to kill. It’s intelligence is also something to be determined, but we can assume it has a very low intelligence due to inability to communicate in a linguistic manner, the fact that they’re devolving (I’ll touch up more on that later), and the very rudimentary rifle they seem to have crafted.
Since Vigilum Malum is a singular cellular organism, it has the ability to reproduce asexually, however at a very slow pace. Each Vigilum Malum lives for thousands of years, and many on earth appear to be in their late 20s to early 30s, though they are hundreds of years old.
How they arrived on Earth is unknown, as they seem to be in a stage similar to our 1850’s, hence the rudimentary lever rifle and the fact all of them are dressed as sheriffs. However, since they are not humans (they’re not even multicellular), we do not know the requirements of their survival as we have not got any sufficient subjects to analyze their structure yet. We don’t know what they use for energy, or whether or not they need water or oxygen. It is completely possible that one somehow got propelled through space (maybe using the species ability known as “kill shot”) and somehow crash landed on earth.
Vigilum Malum, like I mentioned before, is an invasive species. Not being native to Earth, it poses a threat to the planet, or at least it used to. Our surveillance of the species suggests that Vigilum Malum are actually developing, becoming increasingly worse as time passes. One of the species main traits that makes it so hard to kill is the way it is able to recover the health of its allies. However, our data shows that its ability to do so has gotten worse over time. It’s so called “kill shot” ability is also dealing less damage as it used to, and affects less enemies than before, in return for rate of fire. This could be argued as both better or worse, but it’s good to show its rapid change. The planet is not in danger because of this species, and probably never will be at this rate.
“Gammond” has decided to side with a group known as the Magistrates, due to it finding similarities with this group and its own kind. The Magistrates are a know affiliate with the Kurtz organization and the KLG (Kurtz Lawgivers). While combating the Magistrates, the UAF (United Armed Forces) encountered Vigilum Malum, the UAF leader, Colonel Wesson saw great potential. He started his space program to try and get to Gammite and Gamm. However, Kurtz Intelligence Branch found out about this project and now both sides are competing to get to the Vigilum Malum’s homeland. However, it is doubtful that either will make it, as space travel technology has almost become non-existent after Zero Day. The scientific community has also poured countless resources into space exploration, hoping to one day examine these singular celled creatures, in hopes that one day we will be able to find more beings like this one.
Also, according to prominent (and Asian) scientist Nyris Wintersteel, “His last stand triggers everytime if paired with a weak dude that keeps dying, making vigilum malum more useful than flatline”. This is an interesting concept but it is easy to see why.
Also, it has recently been found out that many individual Vigilum Malums can combine to form a larger organism, dubbed “Brogam” by Nyris Wintersteel
By Poobgloob, scientific legend:
“In conducting some of my own personal research, I’ve discovered the reasoning behind this species’ degenerating ability to recover health. According to recent evidence, the niche that this species adapts to is very unstable, and it seems to be changing at a constant rate; about every month or so. Similar to a substantial climatic change, this species environment is not secure enough to fit its needs, which may be cause for its poor performance lately. I’ve personally termed this phenomenon as a ‘NERF’ which I will be looking more closely into these next few months. If I find anything perturbing, I will be the first to let you know.”
Duke Zergem has also put his own thoughts into the matter…
" Vigilum Malum: a theory
I have taken it upon myself to contribute toward greater understanding of this enigma that one day appeared on earth that has been dubbed “Vigilum Malum”. Being inspired by the great works of M.D., P.H.D. Nham, leading scientist and Pulitzer Prize winning Journalist, I posit a thesis on the Vigilum Malum as to why they are here and as to how they got weaker over time.
Thesis: The species known as Vigilum Malum is directly related to Zero Day, and serve as testing tools of a species far beyond our technological level.
However, before I begin my investigations, I must lay down the factual evidence first.
What: a flock of Vigilum Malum appeared.
Where: Near the largest ruined confectionary store in (redacted)
When: After Zero Day
How: Zero Day
As to who or why to complete the 6, this is just utter speculation:
Who: an ‘Overlord’ species
Why: Conquest or field testing
I shall expand on the matter below.
As we have established through gathering genetic data from the Vigilum Malum, we have established that the species is asexual, alien, and single cellular. To create something from just a simple cellular level requires either a great scientific mind, or one in a googolplex chance to inherit its physical stature, let alone become sentient(?)
This very observation makes it seem far more plausible that the Vigilum Malum was genetically engineered to begin with. If we continue this train of thought we must ask ourselves what the characteristics of the Vigilum Malum are:
- Uniform clothes resembling indeed Western designs worn by constables or sheriffs of older days, with a mixture of (in our perception) modern attached tech.
- military grade issue Kevlar vest to sustain bullets, specifically for OUR technological level
- A mobile siren system that will flash aggressively if endangered. This gear seems to be also related to the support systems to maintain group strength. Note that this again resembles very much what we would consider “a police car” from the time before Zero Day.
- A pump action lever rifle with a ballistics add on. Another favorite of a certain type of police force we used to employ in our former society.
- Finally they fulfill the role of a “police officer” to the T. They will ally themselves with anyone who appears friendly to the cause of the Vigilum Malum and immediately attempt to protect the allied targets against any threats. This even applies to the part where I have seen the species fight each other when they have allied themselves with opposing parties.
Why were these creatures designed so crudely to fit into our society?
If we put one and one together, the question to how exactly a species on single cellular level is able to wield basic principles related to protecting the weak, appearing to have clothes and weaponry(as it is single cell, perhaps the “clothes” and “gun” are organic extensions of the creature) that could be accepted in our current society, and appeared right after Zero Day, well this can lead me to only two conclusions.
Either we are being invaded by Shock troops who were engineered by a technologically far advanced single cell genetic developer race who are testing their newest genetic mutations on hapless beings, or they truly are peaceful creatures as we are led to believe?
If the latter were true, Zero Day and the relation to Vigilum Malum could still have relevance. After all, they had to get here somehow. Let us suppose we consider our leading scientist’s statement to be true: the Vigilum Malum traveled through space. However, space travel without a means of transportation in dead space is impossible. Here I leave the option where we say Zero Day was the result of global annihilation by IBMs and oversized mechasoldiers, but wouldn’t radiation linger for far longer? Wouldn’t there be far more robot debris be strewn around? What if there was more to it than just missiles? What if there was a space faring object filled with species who have a great affinity for the color blue?
Did our human infighting summon the Vigilum Malum to hold the peace or was it just a convenient strategic decision made by a superior race to see how they fared in combat situations? I feel strongly to the latter, and here is why.
- we have already skimmed through their gear. All of it suggests the military strategy where a good defense is the best offense. They are armed to the teeth with explosives and bullets and will not stop shooting until the threatening party has either fled or shifted to a different plane of existence.
- their communication is very basic. They communicate mainly with grunts, and at least know one word “yeah”. This suggests this species was not created to commune as civilized beings but through sheer force. As we say it, their sirens and guns do all the talking.
- they will ally with the first faction they see, we have established that the Magistrates were the first to encounter it, most likely because it felt a common click with hardscope who likes to utter the word “yeah” a lot and might have served a legal justice unit himself.
- As they are not aggressive by nature, perhaps they were genetically coded to infiltrate. Being dressed as law enforcement officers only strengthens the idea, as they were the people we were supposed to trust.
Now as to why they have become weaker over time can suggest two things:
- The planetary ecosystem is too rough for the Vigilum Malum
- Even now, as original research suggests, the Vigilum Malum are under constant genetical manipulation as we speak.
The second seems more true as the species has not lost any muscle mass, height, nor velocity since their first introduction. However, it opens another point. What part of the Vigilum Malum is organic, and which is not?
So far it has caused me to believe that Vigilum Malum is fully organic in nature, as we have seen them become more robust over time and their weaponry getting weaker. If it were a technical issue, I could attribute it to wear and tear. But how do the Vigilum Malum produce their weapons and armor then? The only feasible reason is that they do not and receive Psionic instructions on how to use them, or receive monthly ‘NERF’ alterations to their cell structure.
In either theory, be it psionic or engineered, it can be said they are externally influenced. They perform too well and suddenly the Vigilum Malum become weaker. They underperform and suddenly become more robust. Many questions remain on the matter but this would comprise most of my theory as to why we may be seeing this strange phenomenon to this day."
This is all we know on Vigilum Malum, but as we find more, we will update this document for the world to see.